We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

Vancouver
1 post
Save Topic
Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

My girlfriend and I are considering staying at Ellen's Inn. We would appreciate feedback from anybody familiar with this property.

Cheers!

Pennsylvania
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

I have never heard of Ellen's Inn, im sorry. I will tell you that a perfect place to take your girlfriend might be The Bahamian Village. I visited there two summers ago and loved it so much I took my girlfriend last summer. It is a very romantic and secluded area and very nice condos for the price. They are new and modern and they recently started their bar/grille right on the beach as well. If you two like to be active like me and my girlfriend, they have free bikes and sea kayaks to use as well. The place is unbelievable and quite cheap! Hope this helps! www.thebahamianvillage.com

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

I find it very disingenuous for posters to join tripadvisor.com simply for the purpose of promoting their property or that of a friend; or to refute the experiences (costly for some of us and I include those members who have been forced to remove their posts) of those of us who have 'walked the walk' at the properties of which we write.

Ellen Inn's is in Deadman's Cay Long Island and has been for quite some time; I wish I could give you some first hand, honest knowledge of the property but I cannot, perhaps some other member can help you out.

Pennsylvania
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

Rosiesc, in response to your claim that I was writing to promote another resort because I am the owner isn't ridiculous (cuz ive seen that done on here) but rest assured is not the case. I was just helping someone out where I know they will definitely have a wonderful time vs. an unknown area. it's like when you discover something great and you want other people to experience the same thing. Thats all.

Indiana
Level Contributor
291 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

Oaknex,

We hope to visit Long Island soon. Did you have the opportunity to check out other lodging on the island? Info on home rentals is hard to come by. Can you recommend any good restaurants and snorkeling spots?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

We did some good snorkeling in the little cove at the Columbus monument. Also, on the beaches at Stella Maris, ask someone to tell you how to get to the "Rock Holes"- great!!! Don't go during a tide change, though. You need high tide for there to be plenty of water. We went out on a boat snorkeling trip through Stella Maris also but the rock holes were the most fun. I can't be much help on restaurants because we bought the meal plan at SM which was pretty good. We had lunch at CSM one day which was ok then lunch at a little waterfront place in Clarence Town- very good. We got SM to make us picnic lunches some days also for kayak trips and beach trips. I think there are more restaurants in LI now than when we were there in '05. I have been reading about more things that seem to be mid island (Bahamian Village) and farther south also. I would read TA about Chez Pierre (if it is still there) if you were thinking of going there. Have fun!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

OOPS- I think they called them "Rock POOLS" and I may have said "holes" (they are like underwater large holes, caverns, etc, in the coral that make pools at high tide just feet from the beach- you can't see them at surface level just walking on the beach- all the fish are there and cannot get out until the tide changes so there is a lot to look at!)

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

Oaknex: the only trip/resort you have EVER reported is this particular one and that includes the other forums on which you have posted.

8. Re: Ellen's Inn - Long Island Bahamas - feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 21, 2009