We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Which Harbour Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

i'm thinking of taking a quick trip to Harbour Island for some much-needed downtime. I'll be traveling without my husband and have never been to Harbour Island. I'm looking for suggestions for a inexpensive, but clean hotel or b&b. On the beach would be great -- but I know that usually doesn't come with inexpensive -- so close to the beach will do. Of course somewhere safe for a solo traveler is important as well. Thank you!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Inexpensive and Harbour Island are words rarely in the same sentence. For a really gorgeous place to stay, consider the Runaway Hill resort right on spectacular Pink Sands Beach. I toured the property a few years ago. Read about it here:

www.runawayhill.com

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Look at the Bahama House or Tingum Village. Several reviews on this site in the column on the left.

new york city
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Thank you both for your recommendations. Much appreciated!

new york city
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Thank you for your response!

On Island
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

Bahama House is closed and sold.

When were you planning on going? A lot of the hotels and better restaurants are closed right now because it's hurricane season and they close for reno and upkeep. The season will start again in Nov. If you go now I second Tingum Village, very casual but nice

S/A

6. Re: Clean, Inexpensive, Safe Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island