We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bullens Cottage

Which Harbour Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
annapolis
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Bullens Cottage

Is anyone familiar with Bullens Cottage???

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bullens Cottage

my wife and i just stayed there, is there anything in particular you would like to know. i will be happy to fill you in.

Gill, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bullens Cottage

Hello,

We are renting Bullens Cottage in December! We can't wait.

We are curious about household items and amenities.

Did everything seem to be in working order? A.C. phone, WiFi?

Should we bring linens, towels?

Are there still chairs for sunbathing?

Hate going in cold.. any tips would be great.. Thanks!!!!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bullens Cottage

i am at work at the moment but i will log on tonight and fill you in on everything about the cottage and the island. it was all that we expected and more. we loved it.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bullens Cottage

the amenities were fine, the kitchen was adequately supplied with utensils, there were plenty of nice linens for two, the closet area was ample for two, i don't think you can see the closet in the web pictures. tv was nice but my wife and agreed to no tv the moment we walked into the cottage. no tv was a great choice with the beautiful beach and surrounding we never missed items that tied us to civilization. lol...i can't remember if there was a dryer because we hung our things out to dry, there is a clothes line on the side of the cottage. we were there in june so you may want to check the dryer for december. we didn't check the wifi because again we didn't want to surf the net on vacation. i am a teacher and wife is a programmer so we didn't want technology. lol..we did take a couple of beach towels ea. just in case and used our own so can't remember if there were some available. there was lawn furniture and table just as the web photo shows. when we were there there was an umbrella and a couple of beach chairs that we took to the beach. you could drag the chairs from the deck and im sure no one would say a thing. air conditioning was great, i think it was brandnew actually. use johnson's for you golf cart rental. fair price and they will have it waiting at the cottage for you when you get there. plan to pay 5 dollars ea. for taxi from airport to dock and 5 dollars more each for boat ride from dock to harbour island. figure a couple of bucks more for tip. usually a couple of island kids do the leg work with the luggage around the docks. go to angela's starfish for a cheap lunch or dinner. ma ruby's for cheeseburger and or dinner. there is a great italian restaurant on the harbour with the best food and sunset. i can't think of the name of it but it is the only italian rest. on the island. if possible take cash instead of charging because just about every establishment has a surcharge for taking credit. we paid cash for everything.

Edited: 8:58 pm, September 26, 2011
Gill, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bullens Cottage

Thanks for the information.. looking forward to our trip!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bullens Cottage

Spent a lovely week there in March 2011. weather was lovely. The cottage is comfortable enough for two persons. There is a washer but no dryer. There is a clothesline on the side of the house. There are chairs you can drag down to the beach. We called the realtor for an umbrella and the owner promptly delivered one to us. There are plenty of towels and linens. The cottage does need updating but for the price you couldn't beat it. It was very clean. The golf cart was there when we arrived (arranged by the real estate office) and the keys were on the counter. We made our way to Piggly Wigley for our food supplies and the local liquor store for our sunset cocktail supplies. We would have liked a better grill. The one on the side of the house is very dated and hard to use. We enjoyed breakfast on our "deck" facing the ocean. There was a maid that came around twice to deliver soap/toilet paper/towels etc. She did not do any cleaning or making of the bed but that was fine, the cottage is small so it only takes minutes to tidy up. I am not sure how the cottage held up after the last hurricane but I'm hoping its still in good shape because we do plan to return. This was our fourth trip to Harbour Island, we have always stayed at the Coral Sands which is wonderful but it is too hard to pass up the cottage because of how much we saved. The only drawback is eating out every night will set you back a few bucks. Not too many food bargains on Harbour Island but we will go back. Wi-Fi- and television were both in working order.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
945 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bullens Cottage

We found the take away places to be a great bargain We loved Harry's for the fried lobster and conch. There was also a take away making burgers. We brought some food down with us and with a few things from Piggly Wiggly we were able to cook meals at the rental. We only did one fancy meal at Coral Sands on our wedding night.

8. Re: Bullens Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island