We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Help!

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Help!

I am wanting to get married on Harbour Island and so far it is a nightmare to try and sort things out.

There will only be 17 of us and im starting to wonder if this is the problem as we are not a large group hence less money for the hotels/restaurants.

Runaway offered a five course meal at $350 per head! This seemed quite steep so I e mailed back asking if they would do a 3 course - no reply!

Coral Sand I have e mailed several times for details - no reply!

Pink Sands I have e mailed and they replied. I e mailed back requesting more details - no reply.

The Rock I emailed and they were quick to reply but yet again when I ask for more details - no reply.

I have hired a wedding planner who spoke with Runnaway as this was my first choice due to good reviews to be told by my planner that Runnaway would rather have my party away from other guests as we were a small group and they couldnt close the restuarant, didnt make me feel like they wanted us there at all.

Over 3 weeks was the last time I spoke with the wedding planner who said she was going to Harbour island and would speak to the places for me and since then I havent heard a word from her either! Not sure I will again!

Im beginning to think I will never be able to get married there.

Any adv greatly appreciated!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding Help!

I was getting an insurance quote today, and the insurance underwriter, who is also a Marriage Offficer and Justice of the Peace, mentioned that he had just done a marriage on Harbour Island. I asked him where he would suggest for a 17 person wedding on HI and he suggested the lounge at the Pink Sands. He showed me his wedding books and photos and said that he had now done 222 weddings on Eleuthera and Harbour Island. He is a very nice man, so if you are interested send me a PM and I'll send you his contact information.

I also stumbled onto this website: islandbrides.com/destination/…

Keep in mind that the Bahamas is quite religious and conservative, and that there is a wide variety of religions here that may be very different from what you are used to back home. You need to be very clear with the person performing the ceremony what you would and would not like included to avoid any surprises.

Enjoy

12. Re: Wedding Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island