We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic

The villa we will stay in does not have a pool. Can anyone tell me - for mid October - is there a place we can go during the day to have/buy drinks by a pool and therefore be allowed to swim in the pool? And/or buy drinks on the beach/use their beach chairs?

Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool

Harbour Island is not really a "pool" destination and those hotels which have them don't really use them that much (I have never seen more than one person in the pool at Pink Sands for example when I have walked passed). The only one which I would say does is the Rock House when it is used a bit once people come of the beach (it gets a touch more sun in the afternoon being on the West side of the island). That said, none of the properties let you use their pools (and as you will know, most are closed in October - eg Rock House).

The beach is why people come to HI. Normally, there are a few options for lounger rentals but in October I am not sure. I think your best bet is Pink Sands which only closes in September. The Blue Bar will therefore be open for drinks. In terms of lounger rentals they no longer rent to non guests but as you are in deep off season you may be lucky.

2. Re: Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, November 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island