We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
311 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

My family (husband and 2 boys 11 and 13) and I are planning a week long trip to New Providence and would like to tack on a few days on Harbour Island. Has anyone had experience with the hotel packages offered by Bahama Ferries? The packages include accommodations at either Ingraham's Beach Inn, Baretta's Seashell Inn, Pineapple Fields or Worker's Inn Motel plus breakfast, dinner and RT on the ferry.

I realize these are not luxury hotels and that's ok, we like to live like the locals when we travel, but I don't want a terrible surprise either! I would appreciate any ideas or comments. Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

I have not stayed overnight but have made four one day excursions via the ferry.

You should read the reviews here in this forum in the section Harbour Island Hotels.

The island is Gorgeous, with a capital G. Rent a golf cart

to get around. I recommend Michael's Cycles. He will meet

you at the dock. You can reach him on his cell at

(242) 464-0994 to make a reservation.

Edited: 12:34 pm, March 27, 2010
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
311 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Thanks for the info! The photos are amazing and I can only imagine how gorgeous the island actually is. I've looked at the hotel reviews and they're pretty much all over the place. I'm hoping that someone will give me a first hand review on both the hotels and if the price is a pretty good deal. Thanks again for responding :)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Send a private message to the Destination Expert for Harbour Island, Mr. Fickle. He, most likely, can give you some good advice.

Also check this website for lots of information and photos:

http://www.harbourislandguide.com/

Also this site:

http://myharbourisland.com/index.php

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
317 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

I would absolutely recommend staying at least one night in HI. The fast ferry was fun too. We stayed at Ramora Bay but I booked the ferry and the hotel separate. I like eating out vs. a package deal but I would plan to stay overnight as a day trip isn't enough time to explore HI. Also, second the golf cart.

Stevens...
Level Contributor
990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

I guess we are the exception to the rule. I thought the day was very long at HI and could not wait to get back on the ferry. we took a guided tour, am glad we did that, but it still was a long day

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

pjfmpls---How did you like Romora Bay? We're staying there May 1-2, and I haven't found many recent reviews.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
317 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Loved Romora Bay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent frozen goombay smash, breakfast had the best bacon I have ever eaten. Room was big and on the second level so you could see the island and ocean. I would stay there again in a heart beat. Very quiet as well.

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Re: Romora Bay. That's great to hear! Did you need a golf cart to get to other parts of the island? It looks like it's away from some of the action.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

Unless you don't mind hiking around

the island that does have a steep rise

from bayside to the ocean, I would

recommend a golf cart.

I always rent one on my day trips.

Lets you see/do more things in a day.

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahamas Ferries Hotel Packages...Opinions?

One more question on the golf cart then. Should I try to reserve in advance? Or will there be plenty of options to get one once we arrive?

Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island