We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

boston area
3 posts
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

We want to take the family to HI in March, including our two boys: a teenage son and a three year old. Which resort is the most family friendly?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

You'd probably be most comfortable at one of the larger hotels on the island. I would suggest you look at the Coral Sands.

new york
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

Coral Sands unless you are renting a home

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

I would agree with the previous posters if you are looking for hotel by the beach. You do have the alternative of the Landing on bayside possibly staying in Hibiscus which sleeps 4. You would have far more flexibility if you rented a house tho. Island Real Estate have loads...www.brilandrealestate.com

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,839 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

Before you select a hotel/resort, read the reviews here for Pinks Sands and Coral Sands Resorts. There are some negative recent comments about, I recall, Coral Sands there. I recommend the Runaway Hill resort as there are many good reviews about it.

Also, I took a brief tour of it this past May and it is really nice but I did not stay there.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

You might also consider Valentines. The full condo kitchen would be helpful and they have a nice large pool area.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
408 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

Runaway Hill is fabulous, but not sure I'd call it kid-friendly, especially for a 3-year-old. It's more of an intimate small inn to me.

We have a young son and are considering renting a house on the bayside with its fabulous sunsets and easy access to restaurants and shops. It's nice to have more room and privacy, plus a kitchen's a must with kids. I've seen some houses that offer privileges at Coral Sands so you could have access to the pool and beach amenities.

7. Re: Kid Friendly Harbour Island Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island