We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaweed

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
seaweed

My wife and I are regular visitors to the island (past 27yrs) and to the east coast. We spend a fair bit of our time whilst there on and around the beaches below the Round house Restaurant and the soup bowl. We were last there in April 2015 and the seaweed problem had already started. It destroyed the image of a most beautiful coast line at that time.

We would like to go back to the island at about the same time this year, but I can find no real information or images, as to what the beaches around the soup bowl area are like now. As the east coast is very much a part of our visit, I would appreciate any information from anyone, as to the above, or better still an image or 2

3 replies to this topic
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seaweed

There's no seaweed reported anywhere, in fact there was an article in the Nation News about it to-day. As for the future as far away as April, no predictions.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seaweed

nationnews.com/nationnews/…beach-blessing

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seaweed

We ate at the Roundhouse in December and there was no seaweed in the water then, we could see tiny bits of dried seaweed on the beaches on the East coast but nothing you would be bothered by, it had all cleared up nicely from the awful pictures I saw of it online. As the others have said who knows what April will bring but hopefully things will remain clear.

Reply to: seaweed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bathsheba