We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is Low Tide ?

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
When is Low Tide ?

We arrive in 2 weeks and want to visit bathsheba at low tide so our children can check out the tide pools.

What time of day is the best for this?

Thanks.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is Low Tide ?

Check the tide chart links or watch CBC Caribbean Broadcasting Corp. forecast daily when you're there.

www.myforecast.com/bin/tide_extended.m…

www.myforecast.com/bin/marine.m…

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is Low Tide ?

djlbtravel

According to the times published in local newspapers (Thurs Jan 5) , low tide is scheduled for 6:30am and 8pm while high tide is scheduled for 1:30am and 1pm.

However, I was there just this afternoon and there were quite a few people around and it wasn't overly rough. There are some small pools suitable for kids which wouldn't be impacted by high tides.

Hope this helps

Regards

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is Low Tide ?

The tides change every day, your best bet would be to check the evening CBC news for the times as Canby suggested or the local newspaper.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is Low Tide ?

Thanks. I had no idea that tides change daily...we live no where near an ocean.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is Low Tide ?

djlbtravel

No problem. They do change daily. The times I quoted are for today... so just check the Barbados Advocate or Daily Nation for the day you are going.

Regards

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is Low Tide ?

Done the rockpools many a time. Make sure you take a snorkel mask with you - to look at the fish in the pools. I'll give you a word of warning. Be careful though - we find in January you can get the odd wave sweep over the pool area even at low tide. So, I get the missus just to stand close and give me a tap on the shoulder to give me warning to stand up.

I find best pools by the steps on the after descending the steep hil, and park just near to the bend in the road.

Edited: 11:48 am, January 05, 2012
7. Re: When is Low Tide ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bathsheba