We are planning trip to the Florida Panhandle area this August, but have not yet decided on an area to stay. We have never been here before. I've been searching for weeks, and these forums are so helpful. We are looking for the following activities and things to do. I am hoping you who are familiar with these areas can help!
What area(s) would have the best (in order of importance):
1. Bluest, clearest waters (No no no murky muddy please! I'm tired of looking at North Carolina type beaches!)
2. Gulf Front rental with sand and pretty water, not muddy gunk in front of our rental property
3. Snorkeling (preferably not by a charter, just on our own)
4. Seashelling (a favorite pastime)
5. Quiet atmosphere (don't want a party-type or highly crowded atmosphere)
6. Seafood market close by would be great
7. Bicycle riding opportunities
Thanks for any help and input!!