We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Philadelphia...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

Hello,

I am planning a surprise 4-5 trip to the finger lakes in April and thus far i have a room booked for 2 nights in Trumansburg. Here we will do some wine tasting along Cayuga, hike the Falls, dinner, etc. What I need help is where to go and stay from here? I am thinking about Barristers in Seneca Falls for a night and then drive down the next day to Himrod for a night? Any accomdation suggestions? Any Itinerary suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks all for your help.

Matt

PS - There will be no children on this trip.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

There isn't much to Himrod - in fact, I not even sure if there is any kind of concentrated town center. Is there someplace specific there you are interested in? For that (Seneca Lake area), consider Geneva (20 miles north at the foot or the lake) or a second night in Seneca Falls, which is only 10 miles east. Canadaigua, 15 miles west of Geneva, is another good option. It is at the north end of the lake with the same name.

Consider Penn Yan (also near Himrod) or Hammondsport if you are wanting to visit the Keuka Lake area. Penn Yan is at the north end and Hammondsport is at the south end.

Philadelphia...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

So maybe I do a day trip to Seneca Falls to see the women's rights museum and then head down to Hammondsport and stay the night there. Is the Corning glass museum near there? Can you recommend any places to stay in Hammondsport?

Thanks!

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

Corning is not far (about 35 minutes) from Hammondsport.

Another great museum just outside Hammondsport is the Glen Curtiss (aviation) museum - interesting even if aviation is not your thing.

Because I am relatively local to the area, I've never had occasion to stay in Hammondsport; although I'm pretty sure there is little if any lodging right in town as it is very small. There are options close by along the lake and in nearby Bath.

Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary

Let us know what your interests are and I can help with a few ideas, history, nature, etc. April can still be quite cold - later is better than earlier in the month

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary

Canandaigua is a great town...lots to see & do! Accommodations: http://www.thequietplace.com/ any one of their many properties. Itinerary ideas in the immediate area: thequietplace.com/finger-lakes-attractions.h…

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary

Just wanted to mention — if you're in Trumansburg, there is a fantastic restaurant there: Hazelnut Kitchen. Reservations a must.

7. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2015