We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about where to stay?

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about where to stay?

My husband and I have decided to head to the Fingerlakes for the first time Labor Day weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I would like to do the wine trail, maybe go out on a boat, see a waterfall and gorge. (I still have to research this). I am having a hard time understanding the area, distance between places and where we should stay. We are coming from Lancaster county PA so I was looking at Seneca lake as far as visiting wineries. I looked into the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel but they are SOLD OUT! I liked that it was right on the lake. I love to wake up with a view and a balcony, cup of coffee and view is desirable to me. Can someone suggest something else? I have no idea where else to look.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
408 posts
713 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about where to stay?

Seneca Lake is fairly central to the FL region, so it is a good choice - you can get most anywhere in under an hour or so from there. Unfortunately there are relatively few larger/newer hotels right on any of the lakes (there are some older/smaller ones and B&Bs). Geneva is at the North end of Seneca Lake and has a couple options. Consider the Ramada Geneva Lakefront for a mid-range hotel, or if this is a special anniversary try the romantic Belhurst Castle or Geneva-on-the-Lake.

Note that Labor Day into Fall is a very popular time in the FL because of the grape harvest and leaf-peeping.

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about where to stay?

Hmmm neither are available it seems. I wonder if this would be a trip better taken another time with more time to plan. I would not be happy in a town hotel or B&B. Id like a lake view.

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about where to stay?

The Esperanza Mansion hotel near Branckport, NY has balcony rooms with a beautiful view of Keuka Lake. Wineries and etc are also nearby...

3456 Route 54A, Bluff Point, NY 14478

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1443248-d28198…

http://www.esperanzamansion.com/

Edited: 9:48 am, July 31, 2013
Maine
Level Contributor
436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about where to stay?

Taughannock Farms Inn just north of Ithaca is worth a look

5. Re: Confused about where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 02, 2014