We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon August 2015

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend
8 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon August 2015

Hi everyone,

We are just about to book our honeymoon Dubai 3 nights, Kuredu 7 nights but are just debating accommodation and presence of resort. We cannot afford the 7 in a water villa so was thinking of going for a beach jacuzzi villa. I have read some reviews that sangu beach jacuzzi villas can have blocked view of sea by water villas is this true? Are the O jacuzzi villas more modern? I would like a nice sunset unspoilt view so where would you recommend? We also will want to go to main bars in evening but some evenings may just want to chill in the jacuzzi so want peace and quiet then hence my thinking O or Sangu resorts would be better? I'm also looking for perfect white sand and turquoise sea and someone said O resort doesn't have best sand? Would you recommend trying to upgrade to a water villa for a few nights to experience it? I am so excited. Also will we be able to eat in all 4 restaurants being all inclusive I understand there is charges for the 3 a la carte.

Hope my questions are not too confusing and hope you can help,

Thanks in advance,

Emma

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

I don't think any of the jacuzzi beach villas have interrupted sea view.

The 'beach bungalows' (not to be confused with beach villas) on the other hand, they are behind the O villas and also the water villas, these are also restricted access to some bars/restaurants so avoid these if you can.

For a sunset view, the sangu area is the best place to be.

This is also where the best beach and the best/clearest water for paddling is and the sand spit that goes out forever.

We tried the water villas for a few nights and we actually preferred our 'O' Beach villa. The area of sea under the water villas is not really inviting. However you could get unlucky with an 'O' villa and see the sea defences which at low tide are not the most beautiful things in the world...

O resort is by far the best place to eat. It's really great. Also the pool there is nearly always empty even when island was at full capacity.

Also, not sure if you have been the maldives before but it is so hot, even in the evening you may find you won't really use your jacuzzi, it's a bit of a novelty thing in my opinion but if it gets you closer to Sangu area it's worth it.

My recommendation would be a JBV as close to the Sangu area as possible but make sure you book evening meals at O resort early in your holiday to try it.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Forgot to say, yeah the O villas are more modern, very nice.

If you are staying in a beach villa or higher, you can eat in any restaurant.

For breakfast and lunch just walk in, but for dinner you will need to book in the morning in advance.

A la carte restaurants are charged extra but well worth it we had some excellent meals at all of them.

Bridgend
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Thank you so much. I think we will state sangu jbv as a preference and we had already planned to try all restaurants. Is it possible we could end up with restricted view of sangu water villas if we book jbv close to sangu? Super excited. Want to book ASAP just accommodation in Dubai to decide on. Thanks for your quick reply. Ps. This is our first time to the Maldives and we think kuredu is perfect as big enough island we hope to not get bored and also not too quiet x

Bridgend
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Also would Andrew be able to wear short sleeved smart t-shirts/shirts to dinner with smart shorts? Sorry if silly question but just wondering if it's the same as other places in the world.

Emma

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

I'm not 100% sure if ALL of the JBV's are uninterrupted views but I'm pretty confident you would be fine.

Yes it's a great island with a bit more going on than some smaller, quieter islands, we loved it.

Yeah he can that's fine, you're just not supposed to go in with vests/swimwear on but the dress code is quite relaxed and a lot of people are in t-shirts and shorts etc.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

This map should help, look at both the '8's on the map, if you can get the west side ones then it's a really great spot but the O resort is all the way over to the opposite side.

maldivescomplete.com/maldivesv/…20Map.jpg

You can get golf cart type taxis through the centre of the island which is helpful.

Bring your own snorkel/fins, there are lots of turtles on the south side of the beach on the east side of the jetty. Little bit jealous :-)

Edited: 6:58 am, July 24, 2014
Bridgend
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Thank you so much for your help. We are so excited. X

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Hi,

You will be fine in sangu JBV - these are not interrupted by water villas at all and are on lovely side of the island with great beach. We stayed in 156 which was a couple of rooms down from the Sangu restaurant so great location and it had a perfect view.

You will be able to go to any bars and they have a buggie that wil take you from one side to the other if your feeling lazy.

We upgraded to a water villa for the last few nights - my partner loved it however I preferred the beach villa! I love being able to walk out onto the beach and sit out by the room, but each to their own!

You will love it though where ever you choose.

xx

Bridgend
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Hi thanks so much for your reply. I am considering trying to upgrade for 2 or 3 nights at the end of our stay for my fiancé to experience it coz like you I am more keen for beach jacuzzi villa where as he wants to experience the water villa. Did you upgrade before the trip or whilst there? xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon August 2015

Just upgraded while we were out there - all depends what they have available while you are there and it can work out cheaper than doing it before hand. Its amazing you will have a great time - we got engaged there in 2012 and are returning next weekend for our honeymoon. x

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations