We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Has anyone been to Kuredu and either Meeru. Meedhupparu or Villamendhoo? If so how do you think they compare? We have been to the latter three and are considering the first and want to make sure we won't be disappointed if we book Kuredu - the reviews on Trip Advisor look very good!

Kindest regards

Mandy

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Hi

I have been to Kuredu & Vilamendhoo out of your list . I am not sure which aspect of the islands you want to compare

Vilamendhoo has most of the services ,bars,pools,adults only area and quality of accommodation that kuredu has but is half the size,has much much better snorkeling/reef and has a nicer vibe .

Kuredu has much nicer beaches .

Sorry if I have not covered the correct comparison but I am happy to try to answer any piacular point you are looking at .

Darryl

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Hi, i've been to Kuredu and Meeru.

Overall, very similar, large choice of bars, restaurants etc

Kuredu is better when it comes to snorkeling in my opinion.

Also has a great restaurant on the east side of the island which sits above the water, nice atmosphere if you fancy a quiet night.

There is a deep house reef located by the end of the jetty which has large schools of fish, there are also plenty of turtles you will probably bump into one most times you go for a swim on the south side of the island.

Also, kuredu is close to a manta cleaning station and we saw dolphins from the island on several occasions.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Kenny has given the better comparison because Meeru & Kuredu are very similar island s run by the same company ( I think ) .

IMO if you liked Vilamendhoo more than Meeru and snorkeling is a big factor, after Vilamendhoo kuredu may disappoint you .

Tin hat time ,,,

Darryl

Edited: 12:02 pm, January 21, 2014
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Tin hat time lol, Darryl your posts are honest and not exaggerated so I can't really fault you for that.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

Oh and yeah the same company owns meeru, kuredu, komandoo I think they have about 8 or 9

6. Re: Kuredu vs Meeru, Meedhupparu & Villamendhoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations