We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Hi All

We are going to Kuredu in September for the first time, we have booked a Sangu Water villa, however, my father in law who is coming with us is in a Garden Bungalow due to the under occupancy. Are these bungalows ok, i will probably be spending must of his time with us so his bungalow will only be for somewhere to sleep.

Also i believe that its a good idea to take small denomination notes for tipping, what is the best rule of thumb re tipping.

Thank you

Paul

Warrington
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Thank you for the information Darryl, might print it off to remind me of the locations as we love snorkelling and i have a Marine Reef tank at home

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

No problem ;)

You have got me started now lol .

On the O side of the island in the lagoon there is a dead tree ,we always saw trigger fish around it ;-) it's shallow near the tree . The lagoon on the O side has sea defences around it that has become home to lots of small fish and loads of big black crabs .

You always see plenty of small sharks and rays around the water vilas too .

If you do go out onto the reef make sure you pair up because it is deep and if in doubt borrow a life vest from the dive center .

A pair of aqua shoes are handy when paddling in the O side lagoon .

Darryl

Edited: 8:23 am, July 09, 2013
Warrington
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Glad ive got you started matey, will save me time when i get there and i will know where to go and not miss stuff, how many times have you come off holiday and somebody did you see X

Will pair up with my partner Sue, we have been snorkelling in deep water before, been on trips on previous holidays etc

I filnally got reply off kuredu and my FIL can use the Sango if he pays a fee at reception.Will have to find out if Sangu is worth the extra or go to bonthi.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

That's good, hopefully not to higher fee!

Sangu definitely has more ambiance about it! Hopefully the extra fee will let him drink in all the bars too!

Bonthi is a really big restaurant with no lovely beach view like the Sangu. So Sangu all the way!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

I would definitely weigh up the 2 costs of a full accommodation upgrade to a BV and the restaurant upgrade you have mentioned .

Warrington
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Yeah both good options, we will propably get to try the Sangu before FIL arrives as we get to Male at 8:35am, and he does not arrive inMale until 3pm.

Again dependant on how busy they are in september they might let him upgrade to a BV ant not much more cost

On another note are any of you going back

Paul

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Just one thing about taking drinks back to the villa, they wouldn't allow it when we were there 3 years ago, so we just drank at lunctime and pre and post dinner and had water the rest of the time. Didn't make any difference to us or our enjoyment.

We have since been to Constance Moofushi where the minibar is included and we barly touched any alcohol in that either even though it was there.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Warrington Paul_Sue - I see you are back (just read your review). It's a shame your party of 3 fell foul of the class system and I'm sure it wasn't a good start to your holidays.

And...*wristbands*?? :-0

Warrington
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Hi Lyn

Thank you for your response

Yes it really took the edge of the start to the holiday, The reason i mentioned the wristbands was thats basically what we were asking for, we were not after an upgrade to the accommodation was happy with the Garden Bungalow. However, my father in law would have had a different coloured wrist band as he would have only been entitled to go into dine in the bonthi, different coloured wrist band. so my point was that we were only asking for a blue wrist band.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Garden Bungalows & Tipping

Lets hope you still all caught Maldivitis and want to return....but maybe to an island that is less complicated?! Lol

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations