We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu Island Resort

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Kuredu Island Resort

Is it suitable for two 72 year old ladies or is it really more for younger people and couples.

We have read good reviews on this hotel and would like to visit next January 2014.

Also which beach villa would anyone recommend?

Is the house reef safe for us as we like snorkelling but don't want strong currants.

Some evening entertainment would be good too.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Hi Judith1942 - welcome to the Maldives forum :)

The house reef at Kuredu isn't the best, and can be difficult to access.

If snorkelling is of importance there are better options out there. If you could post your budget, how long you are going for and any other preferences I'm sure people will be happy to make other suggestions.

Ian

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Hi

Kuredu is a large yet beautiful island and would be great but if you are looking for a good reef then as Ian said its not for you .

Take a look at vilamendhoo it has all the features of kuredu but is half the size,much friendlier with a fantastic easy to access house reef

Good luck

Darryl

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Hi Ian thank you for replying so quickly. I think our budget would be around £2600.00 each which

Would include accommodation all inclusive meals, flights from Birmingham and the seaplane.

We want to come out next January 2014 for 14 nights. And want to be in a quiet area on the beach.

Our concern is will there be all couples and younger people, we don't want to stick out like sore thumbs.

Regards Judith1942

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Hi Darry thank you for the information I will look into it and let you know how we get on.

I notice your come from Birmingham well I live in Stourbridge not far away.

Judith 1942

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,023 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

there are not all couples and younger people . i have always met active people in their 60's,70's and 80's on most islands - especially the quieter ones (that would not be kuredu) . the oldest person i met (to my knowledge) was the film maker leni riefenstahl who was still diving on athuruga at the age of 101, in march 2003 - she took up diving in her seventies.

Edited: 7:49 pm, March 19, 2013
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Agree with spammie ,its not all honeymoon couple's,we met a lovely Scottish couple in vilamendhoo a few weeks ago who were in there 70s ,

Good luck

Darryl

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Bump

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Hi Judith, I would agree with vilamendoo, great island with excellent snorkelling, if you wanted a smaller island Angaga would fit the bill and also has excellent snorkelling

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

I would just like to reassure the OP that all ages visit the Maldives, it's not all young honeymooners. One of my abiding memories of my first Maldives visit (to Eriyadu) was being next door to a man who looked in his 60s-70s, who was on holiday with his mother! He told us his mother was 90 and visited the island every year, she had some mobility problems so he literally carried her into the sea, where she thoroughly enjoyed floating around. It seems Maldivitis is a life-long condition...

Back to practicality, have you considered Reethi Beach? It has a wide range of ages and has some entertainment every evening, very low key but there are always plenty of people in the bar to get chatting to.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuredu Island Resort

Personally our first trip was to Kuredu and we had an O Jacuzzi Bach Villa which gave us the adult only O bar and restaurant. We found i really peaceful and loved it.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations