We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robinson Crusoe day trip.

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Robinson Crusoe day trip.

Has anyone been on this trip lately? Were only looking to do the day trip not the 24hrs. Just wondered what it was like ( i had read that the island wasnt the best to visit) and worth the money or should we spend the money going on a snokerling trip with a group for a day. Were only on Kuredu for a week and only want to spend a couple of them doing trips?

thanks in advance.

4 weeks and counting.

Scotty

"Robinson Crusoe

read more...

collapseIsland solitude in the truest sense. Live like the famous novel character alone, or take male / female “Friday” with you. For the real adventure, living basically for 24 hours, this is really is one in a life time experience.

You could also have this experience for 4 hours in the morning (09:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs) or after noon 14:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs for $155 per couple.

For more information and booking, please ask the Excursion Coordinator or reception. "

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,454 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robinson Crusoe day trip.

Fatboy, I couldn't find a reference about where this island is or any recent reviews.

I think it depends on what you want to do there. If it has a fantastic reef or fish and you are avid snorkellers it would be worth it though I can find no record of that. Otherwise I would opt for one of the other trips there seems to be 2 other cheaper trips to deserted islands. One with a reasonable reef and another where you get a BBQ lunch.

You can swim in beautiful waters at Kuredu, wouldn't pay to swim somewhere else.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robinson Crusoe day trip.

If you think you will have the island to yourself then check this with the resort. If they do not own it there is a chance other resorts could drop another couple off at the same time or a liveaboard/dive boat could moor up for snorkelling/diving.

If they guarantee it is only you then ask about whether they leave you with a mobile phone and about how safe the reef is (currents etc) for snorkelling alone as a couple.

We booked a free deserted island trip from Komandoo. The interior of the island was supposedly full of mozzies so we stayed on the beach well clear (but then no shelter).

When we arrived there were a couple of local guys off shore in a boat.

We didn't have a mobile, just an agreed time for the boat to come back for us.

When snorkelling I started to think about "what if we get into difficulties"......and we're out here alone. But then I am a bit of a worrier.

We had had enough after about an hour and a bit! And pleased we hadn't paid $100 plus each for the experience!

It does sound a very romantic experience, but there are also some things to consider before parting with your cash!

If you go make sure you have mozzie repellant, sun cream, a cover up, towels, plenty of water and preferably a mobile.

Edited: 12:34 pm, March 09, 2013
Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robinson Crusoe day trip.

Thanks for your reply. You have just confirmed what I was thinking.

4. Re: Robinson Crusoe day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations