We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu Golf Course

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu Golf Course

What is this course like? I play regularly and if the course is good I would probably spend 75% of my time on it. I know there are clubs available but I wondered if it's worth taking a wedge and a putter? Are the fairways grass? Are the greens true?

Thanks

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Sorry to be so negative but if u r spending 75% of u time on a golf course maybe u should consider going for a more geared up, top notch, golf hol e.g portugal, will be a lot cheaper!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Hi, I think you asked this before. It looks like no one here has spent much time on it, maybe someone will come along who has been on it and can respond.

The easiest way to bring your question to the top of the forum again is just to respond to your own thread with" bump" this moves it to the top again, and means you don't open a duplicate thread.

There is some info on the kuredu website re the course, and Darren has already given you the link to their forum, so maybe good to ask there. You can also email the golf pro and ask him, at the resort, his email address is available from the website.

Re your own golf clubs, I think this is personal choice, it's a bit of a pain, obviously as It will be oversized luggage and then need to be transported to the island,. But personal choice.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Thanks but you forget my wife

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

I don't understand? Your wife wants you to play golf?

Edited: 6:06 am, December 27, 2012
Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

She doesn't play and is happy to read all day long.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Ah,,,can't blame her.

Email the golf pro on the island, he will be able to give you details. Have fun:))

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Are you sure you want to spend your money going to the Maldives?

If your main objective is to play golf and and you wife wants to read I would go to Grand Cayman. For the same money you can stay at Ritz Carlton in a Club room, have 2 full golf courses within 5 minutes and your wife can enjoy the beach reading a book or snorkel.

You have chosen a 3 star hotel in order to be able to play golf on a 6 hole course?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

And BA flies directly from London - I am sorry, but going to the Maldives to play golf does not make any sense to me.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Kuredu is a large Maldivian island, but I imagine the course is more like pitch-and-putt than proper golf. Here's a video of the course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o57h1TRPyJ4

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuredu Golf Course

Hi

Dont play golf and know nothing about greens and fairways, but unless things have changed since we were there , a good few years ago, the greens were sort of sandy coloured !! only a few holes .

OH and kids played. but I think it was more of a putting green(or sand) didnt take very long at all, cannot imagine it would excite a proper golfer. they had all the sticks and clobber required. I doubt anyone takes golf equipment to the Maldives.

It may well have improved drastically, surely there are some pics, on Kuredu sites, Or , start a thread asking for some??

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations