We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain! cloud ! whats going on!

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
rain! cloud ! whats going on!

Whats going on with the weather ! its been cloudy and rainy all week on the live web cam ! I go next Thursday and not sure if to pack my coat!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

It is never cold in the Maldives. Even if it rains you will not need warm clothing.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

monsoon change?

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

Bit early.

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

so many weather forecasts give differnt 10-14 day views! its hard to know if we will see the sun at all! I know It will still be hot , but its just so much nicer when you get to see blue sky in such paradise conditions, rain and cloud even if its hot makes things just seem a little depressing!

Ive seen all the lovely photos with the clear blue skies from this year and from the webcam this week just seems its nothing like that!

I thought the monsoon season had passed? and although this there winter its meant to be dryer?

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

the world weather has gone/is going crazy........... flooding in the uk a fine example.........

hopefully you are a diver so the rain will not bother you too much, if not try not to worry - we were in the maldives in october for 18 nights the first 8 days the weather was cloudy with a fair amount of rain altho not constant and we still had a fantastic time.

stop looking at the webcam ! you will still go on holiday so no point in stressing over it.

;-))

cassie

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

I know I know ! you are so right hard not to stress though isnt it ! husband is a diver but im a sun lover! im sure or hope I will get to see the blue skies!

But as you say your still on holiday and not working or scraping off ice from the car !!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,573 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

Cassie is wright !! unless you are going to cancel there's no point worrying ;-)

It's always warm in the Maldives and you will have a fantastic time regardless of the weather .

Have a great holiday

Lucky you ;-)

Darryl

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

I've just looked and there is some sunshine. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

I take the opposite view,,,as many storms as possible in the two weeks before I go please, then the likely hood is it will have cleared when I get there.

However it is coming close to change in monsoon in the first couple of weeks of December, so don't let the weather be a make or break for you, as there is a chance it will be very unsettled.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rain! cloud ! whats going on!

Froggy- I think the same. The more it rains before I go the better, to get it out of the way.:)

I have been this time of year before and although the weather was a little unsettled and not two weeks of pure blue sky we only had one day which was a complete washout.

Last September it rained our first full day. I wore factor 15 while snorkelling just in case the sun did make an appearance, which it didn't.By the evening I already had a tan!

The only bad thing about grey skies is that it does not make for such lovely photo opportunities.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations