We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

Stow-on-the-Wold...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

If, after paying a fortune for an AI holiday of a lifetime, you are not allowed to share a bottle of wine with your wife on your anniversary from the bar in your jacuzzi can someone please advise as to mini bar prices and contents ?!!!

Part of the idyll was to be able to relax in absolute peace and quiet and yet from reading comments on this forum I might well be in for a credit card bashing unless we sit in a bar (as nice as they have been described and probably are!!).

Just looking for a 'heads-up' if anyone can help?

Thankyou. JK

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

Perhaps I'm going to get a bashing for this, but when I stayed at both Bandos and Equator Village, I took drinks out of the bar and to my room. Nothing was said at either except at EV when the bar man made me promise to bring the glass back to the bar later on.

I suppose it might be different at the posher resorts, but I haven't had a problem

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

Hi we have invested in some great plastic beakers from blacks camping - we always request a carry out from bar, no problem with this - I think its the glass and the health and safety issues as to why alot of resorts won't let you take glass back to your room. We have always gone AI and never been refused so far using our lovely beakers LOL - spotted alot of Americans with them whilst we were in Mexico a few years back :-) but this has only been for soft drinks as hubby's non drinker,not sure what wine would be like in them!

Edited: 6:05 am, October 26, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

You can buy a fair bottle for about £16 plus and take it back.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

Actually I saw a lot of amerians do that in Antigua. They had travel mugs with lids and had them filled with everything fom coffee to cocktails at the bar. Seems not a bad idea. I too think it's the potential for broken glass that's the issue and the extra hassle for room service to collect them and bring them back, might try it for getting ready for dinner drinks or for sprite for our daughter.

Crikey soon we'll have no room for clothes!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

I liced in america and used to use bubba kegs, Me and hubby to be got some for our last holiday in the Caribbean, hadn't really thought about them but will pack them for our honeymoon next year so we can take drinks back to our room! What's the use of having a jacuzzi if you can't sip on a nice drink while you're in it?!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

I agree, but when I mentioned to my husband and daughter I was going to take crisps and chocolate and plastic beakers they laughed them selves silly, thought I was extracting the proverbial and refused point blank to take their "sippy mugs" for their "carry out" to the bar, seriously the're still taking the pee, I can't seem to convince them at all or stop them laughing.

Personally I think it's a very practical idea! Not sure I can slip them into the cases now. Hmmm.

7. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:20 am, November 15, 2011
Edited: 9:20 am, November 15, 2011
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

am totally shameless... either take a glass back... or a caraffe... or a bottle... failing that, the wife has a an empty coke bottle in her bag and we just top that up last thing at night and transfer to fridge for pre dinner drinks the next night....... shouldnt be a problem... its your holiday, you,ve paid for it, do what you want to do.

9. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:20 am, November 15, 2011
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks prices for minibar / no drinks in rooms from bar

hi, the drinks are not cheap, ive just returned, for example a bounty cost $3.50 a spirit is about $6 , it is not cheap im afraid, we didnt bother as you could easy run up a nifty little bill.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations