We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
590 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Just love the look of this resort and thInking of booking for June 2012.

When I rang our travel company for quotes, they put me off going in June saying it was the monsoon season.

I had a quote for the 3rd and 4th week of May for 2 weeks- which was £400 per person more than the quote I got for the same 2 weeks in June.

I have read the weather and best time to go guide, but just wanted to ask the views of experts and repeat travellers, would you take the chance and go for June, paying £800 less- or would you play safer and go for May. Just want to get some views. Price is not a massive issue, and can afford both, but would prefer to go in June.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Would I go to Kuredu in June? No.

Would I go in January? No.

September? No.

Would I go to the Maldives in June. Yes.

What is it that attracts you to Kuredu?

John

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

None 1

I have been to the maldives end of May / June for a few years but now have gone to the high season. It doesn't matter which island you go to, it is the start of the Monsoon(wet) season, this doesn't mean it will rain every day but its the risk you take for the cheaper prices.

I think it depends on what you want from a holiday and whether dodgy weather would ruin it.

Sg

Edited: 4:52 pm, August 20, 2011
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,221 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

like john, i wouldn't go to kuredu period . there are much, much better islands in the same budget class.

however ... june weather is actually more stable than the second half of may, where you are almost sure to be thrown in the monsoon change - which is generally marked by unsettled and stormy weather. statistically, may has more rain than june. so.. june versus may - i'd go in june .. just not to kuredu :D

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Hi

I too would happily go in June but not to Kuredu. Far too big and busy for my liking.

OD

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

I agree with the others that Kuredu isn't my idea of a Maldives holiday.

However, like the others we prefer smaller resorts which offer a typically more desert island experience.

There's nothing wrong with Kuredu - it has many happy visitors and repeaters, so as long as you are aware that it is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives with a lot of activities (relatively speaking!) - you'll be fine.

As spammie mentioned there are more resorts within the same budget range which offer a more typically Maldives experience, it is all a matter of what you are looking for in your holiday.

Given a choice I'd go for early May or June rather than mid to late May.

Ian

Edited: 4:29 am, August 21, 2011
London
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

I would absolutely go to Kuredu if (a) you loved sports, (b) you love diving. It is about the best at both of all the islands.

I wouldn't go if you are into (a) snorkeling, or (b) small islands.

I would absolutely go in June. In fact, most of my trips now are in the 'rainy season' to save money. Yes, sometimes you get some rain. Sometimes at night while we sleep. Sometimes during the day so little we hardly notice. Worse than the rain, really, is that the sky tends to be more 'partly cloudly' constantly, whereas in the drier seasons it is pure blue nonstop. So it really depends how much you value blue skies and total dryness.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Glasgow
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Hi

Having been both start of may and start of June, must say that the weather in June was better. The seas were slightly calmer and fewer daytime showers. Although you absolutely cannot be sure of the weather as many, many posts on TA will tell you.

As for kuredu, this was an island that the highstreet travel companies tried to talk me in to when I first started looking at Maldives holidays. As it is more mass market and many travel agents maybe don't know a whole lot about better alternative islands. Obviously it depends on what experience you are looking for, but I would personally avoid! Although, if it is more activities you are looking for, then its maybe for you.

Am sure any Maldives holiday would be amazing. But I would worry about choice of island more than the dates you mentioned.

Researching islands is all part of the fun, if very frustrating the first time, there seem so many. Enjoy.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
590 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Thanks for all your responses, will go for June- now what about a better resort!!!!!

Our travel agent just recommended Kuredu and I check the reviews on TA and they seemed good.

However, we do not like busy and really do want to experience a true Maldivian holiday as it will be our first visit and we don't want to be disapointed.

Snorkelling is a must, and would like some evening activities, but not butlins style!!! We would also like a smaller Island and would be looking for all inclusive option.

Any suggestions of your favourites, we do have a budget, but it will run to 4 star resorts.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

I would highly recommend Reethi beach resort. Is a good size of island and reasonably priced ( for the maldives). We were there in June and would go back in a second. Have also been to kuramathi, although is quite a large island, is not split into different resorts like kuredu and we loved it for a first time Maldives experience.

Am sure others will have more options for you, but main things we checked for were house reef, AI, not near to Male, reasonable standard of villa and of course good TA reviews.

Budget is the big question though, otherwise you'll never narrow it down.

Maybe provide a budget and see if there are other suggestions.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you go to Kuredu in June?

Agree with Reethi as a good choice, also look at Vilamendhoo or for a much smaller island Angaga.

Agree it would be best if you could give us a budget to work with to help with appropriate suggestions.

Ian

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations