We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maldives weather october?!

4 posts
maldives weather october?!

Hi

Looking at booking our honeymoon for the start of october.

Anyone been in october and what was the weather like?

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: maldives weather october?!

you could have sun , rain, wind storms some times all at the same time, however weather can be different on one island to another

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: maldives weather october?!

Espritguy is correct in that its difficult to judge what the weather will be like and that the islands themselves seem to have mini climates almost. Seems to be getting more difficult worldwide these days. However, i've been to the Maldives at the beginning of October for the past two years and have experienced excellent weather. I think we've been a little lucky but first year (2009) there was an overnight heavy shower on the first evening we arrived and then after that had no other rain. Last year we had a storm on the 2nd afternoon that lasted an hour and that was it.

Enjoy.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
12,400 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: maldives weather october?!

we were there last year, the last two weeks of October, and the weather was perfect! but when we arrived we were told that it had rained straight for a couple of days.

(ps. we were in Filitheyo)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
203 reviews
4. Re: maldives weather october?!

We went in September last year and were told that it could rain a lot in the Maldives. It never rained once in 10 days ! Our friends played safe and decided to go in April this year to avoid the risk of rain as its a good time not to rain. Yes It rained for 6 days out of 14 ¬ I think its just pot luck. We are going in June and my husband said we cant go it will rain ! But I put my foot down and we are going ! hee hee..

4 posts
5. Re: maldives weather october?!

Thankyou all for your responses....praying for a week of sunshine :-) best get booking sumwhere now! :-)

lau_2225
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
6. Re: maldives weather october?!

Does anyone know how bad the weather is in june/july i know it is rainy season but is it bad enough to ruin your holiday?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: maldives weather october?!

how many days rain would ruin your holiday?

lau_2225
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
8. Re: maldives weather october?!

well we were thinking of going for a week so any more than two or three days really

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: maldives weather october?!

it is possible to have 4 or 5 consecutive days rain at that time of year. you would be unlucky, but it can and does happen.

Ian

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
10. Re: maldives weather october?!

We had bad and good weather in blocks of 3/4 days at a time. I wouldnt go for less than ten days due to my experience but you could get one extreme to the other!

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations