We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to stay Where & mobile phones

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
to stay Where & mobile phones

Hello there

I am due to to to Kuredu in May and have requested to stay at O resort jacuzzi beach villa but have been allocated Koamos jacuzzi beach villa, i have read that the sea planes land in that area and it can be noisy at 7AM!!! I would like the part of the island that is south facing and easy to get to the sea with a reasonable restaraunt!!! can anybody advise?

Also do mobile phones work out there?

Jack

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

Hi

Can't answer the first bit but mobile phones are fine just expensive

Regards

Doug

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

Hi

As you are travelling in May, the seaplanes usually land on the left hand side of the jetty (if you've got your back to the island). This side is where the Koamos and O JBVs are. The O JBVs are at the far end of this stretch of beach. Nearest the jetty (on either side) are the Koamos Beach Villas. Furthest away from the jetty on the right hand side are the Sangu JBVs. However, most guests automatically get allocated the Koamos JBVs unless they pay the extra to upgrade to either the O or Sangu. That doesn't mean you won't get allocated either an O or Sangu JBV but it is down to luck. Also if you don't pay to upgrade, you are allocated the Koamos restaurant but you can phone daily to book either the O or Sangu restaurant for your evening meal, (there are limited places so it does get booked quickly) you can eat in any of the AI restaurants for breakfast and lunch.

We might see you as we are returning on 9 May.

Edited: 3:35 am, March 04, 2011
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

Which of the JBVs are south facing?

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

All the JBVs are on the south facing beach together with the Koamas Beach Villas. The O Beach Villas, Beach Bungalows and Water Villas are on the north. The Garden Bungalows are behind some of the O Beach Villas.

The Koamas JBVs are more in the centre of the island, the O JBVs are on the east side of the south facing beach and the Sangu JBVs are on the west side of the south facing beach.

My one recommendation would be to email the island and ask not to be put next to the boat yard if you want peace and quiet. I'm not sure if the villas by the boat yard are Beach Villas or JBVs as I've always stayed on the west side of the island. Friends who we are returning with stayed in the O JBVs but towards the far end of the island where it is also very quiet.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

many thanks for your reply Londonscuba, most helpful. Will email and request Sangu and not O bv if upgraded. May see you there then!!! I dont look like a black and white cat btw!!! But i do have some just married flip flops lol

Jackie

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

jackie your black and white cat looks identical to mine!!!

7. Re: to stay Where & mobile phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations