We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

Hi all

I wonder if you can help me?

My Fiance and I are getting married on Kuredu beach in October. I have found the perfect dress but as with all wedding dresses a girl has to wear heels! I don't know how this is possible on the beach... can anyone here let me know if they were married on the beach or saw a ceremony take place and if it was possible to walk in shoes for at least part of the ceremony?

Thanks in advance

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

I had a ceremony at Kuramathi and there's no way I could've worn heels. I would've just sank into the sand or got stuck in some decking! I wouldn't recommend heels - but it could be different at Kuredu.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

Hi and thanks for responding.

Did you wear a traditionally long wedding dress?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

No I didn't. I'd never wanted a big dress so it wasn't really an issue for me. I worse a knee length very plain dress which was completely embellished with pearls and silver and white sequins - looked a bit like sea shells!

But I know plenty of other people do wear the traditional dress.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

Hi

Just to clarify. You can't actually get married in the Maldives unless you are Muslim. I take it you mean you are having a blessing or renewal of vows ceremony and doing the legal bit over here?

SL

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

With really few exceptions, I never wear shoes in the maldives: no kind of them and i you want to use high heels, the only thing you will get is hurt you ankles...

West Midlands,
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

Not wedding related but when we were in the Maldives we saw a woman walking along the beach in heels and it just looked wrong in everyway...however your getting married so different altogether, but does look very painful to do.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

I got married on the beach and wore white beaded flip-flops.

Heels will just sink in the sand and make you walk funny.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

I had a beach wedding (not in the Maldives), and I went barefoot. Heels on the beach do not work with the sand, nor do they really fit with the idea of a beach wedding, IMO.

I wore a floor length, lighly beaded, traditional wedding dress. You don't need to wear heels with a traditional wedding dress, just have it tailored to the ground with no shoes on.

For the reception I wore white flip flops with a little sparkle on them, but the shoes quickly came off....

My husband also went barefoot at the wedding, as did many of our guests

Good luck!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

I would suggest expensive sparkly flip-flops or bare feet. If you wear heels you will only fall over or break something.

OD

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I wear heels with my wedding dress on the beach?

If you can walk on a beach in high heels then you can wear heels with your dress. I've never seen anyone able to achieve this feat, though.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations