We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
255 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code

Hi folks,

Is there a dress code in the restaurant in the evenings? Can guys wear smart shorts or do you need to wear long trousers?

Apologies if this seems a daft question, but I'm staying for a fortnight at the end of September/beginning of October and don't want to load my suitcase with extra weight if I can help it as I will have all my dive gear with me. Cheers.

Richard

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code

Smart shorts are fine....I never pack long trousers.

Ian

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code

Godiver

Shorts will be fine. In fact casual is one reason why many people love it. I like nothing more than a pair of shorts and a nice cotton t-shirt. Some people make more of an effort but that is all about choice. That said you see very few people in long trousers.

surreymaria
Level Contributor
192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code

I am going in two weeks time and like to wear dresses and linen trousers, does this mean I will be over dressed, I like to be a little bit dressey on my holiday as due to my job I can't be dressed up the rest of the year. Thanks.

surreymaria.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code

surreymaria

you'll be fine, everywhere we've stayed there has been a mix of dress styles in the evening, mostly casual / smart casual.

You may look a bit out of place in a ballgown or top hat and tails, but other than that you'll be ok. Just leave the heels at home :-)

Ian

stockport
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code

shorts are fine, i hardly saw any one with trousers on.

leave shoes/sandles at home. we only wore 1 pair of sandles over the 2 weeks and this was because the boarding by the water villas gets very hot around mid day.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code

The great thing about Maldives is people can wear what they like (within decency parameters) and you get all sorts without any pointing or snearing. want to dress up? Do it. Want to dress down? Go ahead. There are a very few dress codes but they are more to avoid armpits and excessive boobs and other flesh in eating places!

7. Re: Dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, March 06, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations