We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which accommodation

Essex England
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which accommodation

Not sure whether to have water beach villa or sangu water villa, like the idea of the outdoor jacuzzi bath but would also love to be out on stilts over the water. Comments and recommendations please

London
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which accommodation

I couldn't comment on this particular island or its villas but just as a thought in general, when we stayed in an OTW villa my other half had terrible trouble sleeping because of the sound of the water lapping the stilts and sploshing away below us! I slept fine but as a result we now always stay on land... also on the islands you get your own little bit of beach.

M.x

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which accommodation

mrsmop

Sangu end and the WVs are beautiful. We loved them. Land villas have there own charm and its all about what you like.

If I was only ever going to go to the Maldives once then that is the accommodation I would chose.

Also love the Jacuzzi bath. But it would not swing it against the WV for us. Most people say they only use the Jacuzzi bath a handful of times.

We have stayed in a number of WV and never had a problem with the waves, but then that is just our experience.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which accommodation

Hi Mrsmop

Can't comment specifically on Kuredu but I think it is a matter of personal choice.

Some like WVs for their undoubted luxury and location. Others prefer beach villas because they like to feel the sand under their feet. I'm one of these but have stayed in WVs and have never had a problem with sea noise.

OD

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,409 Reviews
Kuredu
London
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which accommodation

We have stayed in the water villas 4 times and the Jacuzzi beach villas once. I do prefer the water villas as you are allocated the sangu restaurant. I also really like the sound of the water underneath the villa and have never had a problem getting to sleep. it's also lovely to lay on your decking at night watching the stars. We only used our Jacuzzi twice when we stayed in a JBV but some people do prefer these as they like to be on the beach. Depending which travel agent you book with, will depend the restaurant you are allocated. If they just state a Jacuzzi Beach Villa, you will be allocated the rKoamas restaurant, in the centre of the island. However some travel agents actually specify if it's a Sangu, O or Koamas and you would then be allocated that restaurant.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which accommodation

We went through the same decision point as you and decided we would prefer sand around us and didn't regret it. We did, however, do as LondonScuba mentioned, and booked a guaranteed O JBV so had the O restaurant as our allocated one. I wouldn't have wanted a JBV and the Koamas as our restaurant. We booked with Destinology and their prices were good.

We used our jacuzzi at least every other day, great place to chill out after a day int he hot sun. There's a power socket, light and fan out there, so we just relaxed and listened to chill-out music.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which accommodation

I would decide depending of the budget and what you like the most. Boh options are ver good.

I haven't stayed at kuredu, so I don't know how you feel at WV. I think that depending on the resort you feel more or less the waves and the noise: at Mirihi, in the bed I could feel the wave against the stilts and that disturbed us a little bit, but in Anantara, it was perfect: no noise, no waves... Well, I must consider that Anantara OW are the lagoon, so no wave at all... it is not the same case...

7. Re: Which accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu