We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

Bristol
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

Just booked to go to Kuredu in 3 weeks for my partner and I as a treat as I've just been made redundant and need a bit of sun & paradise as a pick me up. Have booked a beach bungalow & the AI benefit attached sounded great in the brochure. BUT the more reviews I read the more confused I get - limited restaurants / bar usage, restricted view, too basic etc etc etc. I'm now wondering if booking a beach bungalow was the best choice as I'm now thinking that I really should have asked for a different accommodation option. Can anyone give any helpful advice?

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

Hi Gizmo

What better place than a beach bungalow, sand on your feet outside your room and the water feet away, AI I fine wait till you get there, give it a few days the decide, you can still use the other restaurants, and you can get a room change if you need to, first time is fab, as said wait and see give it a go then choose, have a great time.

Best wishes

Rumps

Bristol
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

Thanks Rumps. Didn't realise that you could change once you got there.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

BBs are restricted to certain bars (Akiri, Pool, Babuna, Golf) and the Bonthi restaurant, but I would have thought you will find the room/outlook fine. I would suggest emailing the resort and asking for a room that isn't behind the water villas as the view will be better.

As a recent first timer I was concerned about the restrictions of the AI deal, but we found it was perfectly fine. I had a cocktail most nights, some during happy hour, and the total bill for a fortnight for those was about $100. Apart from that we found the selection of drinks available perfectly adequate. The food was fantastic and we didn't go to any other restaurant than our allocated one (O).

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

Got back on Saturday 8th had 2 weeks in BB 440, 439, 438, this was fab not overlooking the water villas at all they were to our left. They are more than adequate, clean fairly large 4 poster large bed, a CD player and tea/coffee facilities although once these were used they were not replaced which I had readabout so just took some coffee, tea, dried milk and sugar with us. The bathrooms are outside and great. They give you complimentary jar of shampoo/conditioner and shower gel which lasted me and my husband all if the 2 weeks.The AL is great and we had 2 children with us 2 & 4 and we had no problem with the bars and restaurents we were allocated to. The food is the same in all but the ones that you pay for and the drinks are more than adequate. You get 2litre bottle water every evening which you can put in your fridge and as much as you want to drink at the bars. I studied all of the reports before we went and I have to say we were thrilled as I am sure you will be. If you are not happy just ask them. We found everyone to be most helpful. No one stopped us from taking our drinks out of the bars or said we were not allowed in them.

Edited: 10:54 am, May 13, 2010
yorkshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

the beach bungalows are ok ,but very basic and run down.No matter where you go the al package is not all inclusive.you can only use the bonthi restaurant for meals and you have to pay for cocktails and sea food .If you go to any other restaurant you have to pay.I would never go back to this islnd, Strong currents,No tea and coffee in your room,(only on arrival) no tv in room for when the weather is bad,Paying for cocktails and seafood,And most of all mosquitos and sand flies everywhere because they are not doing anything about it.Other islands that we have visited spray the island everynight to get rid of these things but kuredu doesn't. do anything about it ,Every thing is so expensive on Kuredu eg. paragliding 99 dollars hence why no one uses them.If i were you try another island.They tell you that there are three restaurant because of the amount of people on the island.This is not true you are allocated restaurant to type of accomodation which i find so unfair.No where else in the maldives does this no matter what accomodation you stay in you have a choice of rstaurants to chose from .Try meeru island it has every thing you want ,Take my word for it dont go to kuredu.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

We got back from Kuredu on 24 May and they do spray the Island. We saw them doing it on a few occasions. I only got approx 8 bits in total and just asked the barmen for some lime which stops the itching. Each to their own which island they prefer but friends we met out there preferred Kuredu to Meeru. I also wouldn't agree with the fact that the beach bungalows are run down.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

We got back from Kuredu on 24 May and they do spray the Island. We saw them doing it on a few occasions. I only got approx 8 bits in total and just asked the barmen for some lime which stops the itching. Each to their own which island they prefer but friends we met out there preferred Kuredu to Meeru. I also wouldn't agree with the fact that the beach bungalows are run down.

8. Re: Kuredu - accommodation choice overload - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations