We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British airways or Monarch ??

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
British airways or Monarch ??

We are soppsed to be fyling out with BA if the srtikes still are going on , but on our letter it keeps saying our airline is Monarch ! We have asked our travel agent about this and they have said ignore that as we are deffiantly flying with BA . Can anyone tell me what the best airline is to fly out to the Maldives ?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Sri Lankan!!!!

;o)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,919 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

its like the "best" island . "best" is subjective and personal and your very own best is what works for you .

when choosing an airline, i am not planning on eating the food anyhow , i always upgrade to comfort/business/first class or whatever the front section is called and i bring my own entertainment in form of a book . therefore , the only consideration that is valid for me is convenient arrival and departure times and a non-stop flight .

someone else may actually prefer the layover .. or is really hung up on getting a good entertainment system ... or is really counting on edible food - so priorities shift .

also , if you have booked a package deal, you may very likely have booked into whatever option the tour company selects for you and have no choice anyhow .

Notts UK
Level Contributor
521 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

BA!! Monarch are dreadful and I was very unimpressed when I flew with Sri Lankan last year. Mainly because on the return leg my partner and I couldn't sit together despite having pre-booked seats through Flysmiles. I've never been disappointed flying BA.

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

When they aren’t striking BA is the superior airline by far in my experiences. Emirates have very good entertainment and are also good IMO although the UK-Dubai leg tends to be full of none tourists and lots of screaming babies……..

London, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Thank you for all your comments , so far it seems BA are the best choice from Monarch . I just hope When i tickets arrive it our flight as been changed to BA as was first told when we booked it !! Any more comments would be most gratfull :)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Ask your agent for the locator number and then you can check on the BA site if it is for a BA flight.

Dorset
Level Contributor
954 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

We've booked to go BA this time having travelled with Monarch in the past (and Emirates who are great but the increased travel time with change in Dubai is now becoming tiresome).

I used to use BA a lot and am confident it will be much better than Monarch. Thankfully BA fly to Male from Gatwick so we sould be unaffected by any industrial action.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Personally I don't mind who I fly with,I've had bad experiences with BA but not Monarch actually we were pleasantly surprised with them all the times we have flown with them and will be again in May. As said before it's personal choice based on previous experiences. I'm so easily pleased as long as I get to the Maldives I don't mind how long it takes and how I get there,once I'm there it's forgotten :0)))

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Just got back having flown BA for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised - would definitely go with them again.

Monarch - imo terrible - have flown with them many times - initially because they were the only direct flight available from the UK and I like to just get there! Now they would be my absolute last choice - only thing that made it bearable last time was booking [and paying for] extra legroom seats.To travel all that way with just a communal tv/entertainment system, service poor, food still the same as it was 12 years ago - enough said!

Have done emirates - v.good, sri lankan - good - and first choice - good - anything but Monarch!

London, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: British airways or Monarch ??

Thanks for more comments , it still seems BA is better than Monarch . Does BA have the tvs in the head rest ? Oh and one more thing ... is acohol free or at a cost ? As iam a nervous flyer i do like to have the odd wine or two .

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations