We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu or Meeru?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu or Meeru?

In a bit of a dilemma. Am looking at Kuredu beach bungalow on AI for end of Sept this year(what we can afford on our budget), but ideally we like the idea of Meeru JBV, although on AI its a bit out of our price range. Would it be an idea to book on full board in a JBV on Meeru for the same price as Kuredu AI, beach bungalow and then either upgrade when we get there, or just pay for drinks as we go?Prefer the idea of AI so we wouldnt have a huge bill to worry about at the end of the holiday. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to AI once we had arrived?

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,400 Reviews
Kuredu
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Kuredu or Meeru?

My partner and I have booked to go to Meeru for our honeymoon in August. We booked through first choice who were cheapest at the time of booking. meeru is apparently a bit nicer than Kuredu although when we booked Kurdeu was more expensive for a lower room than we booked with Meeru. I would definately recommend going AI as drinks are very expensive in Maldives as everything is imported. You will pay $3-4 for a fruit juice, $6-7 for beer, and water is also fairly expensive when you drink it like I do. We went to Sun island 2 years ago and the AI is well worth it in Maldives. Both islands are very nice so you will not have a bad holiday on either but AI is a must so stick to your budget

Mentioned in this post
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
6,760 Reviews
Meerufenfushi
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,400 Reviews
Kuredu
Sun Island Resort and Spa
Sun Island Resort and Spa
3,008 Reviews
Nalaguraidhoo Island
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kuredu or Meeru?

Kuredu is the bigger island--being 608,000 squre metres, Meeru being only 550.000, although not a lot in it.

r

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,400 Reviews
Kuredu
13. Re: Kuredu or Meeru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu