We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

noise on sea plane

Midlands
Level Contributor
67 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
noise on sea plane

Is there a lot of noise on the sea plane? dont want to be distracted from the amazing views, would anyone recomend ear plugs?

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: noise on sea plane

Hi Chunky

Some say yes others no, they are very noisy especially on take of and landing, have some plugs on you or get some at the terminal, see what you think when you get onboard.

Rumps

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: noise on sea plane

Hi Chunky

They're not that noisy Radio 1 is much worse. One of them supplies you with ear plugs but I can't remember which one . Quite useful for not hearing the wife

Regards

Doug

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: noise on sea plane

Hi CM

They can be very noisy but that's part of the fun! If you have sensitive hearing I would suggest you take some plugs with you, just in case.

OD

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,652 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: noise on sea plane

like OD said .. the noise (mostly just at take off) is part of the "adventure" ... a silent formula one race would be weird too . i have never considered stuffing anything in my ears .. but if you are really sensitive (or want to muffle out your spouse) , i suppose you could find it a relief.

UK
Level Contributor
627 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: noise on sea plane

Yes they are VERY noisy - but that is to be expected - the windows have holes in them. You can't hold much of a conversation so just make sure you can look out of the window and have your camera in your hand luggage. It is an experience you will never forget (especially when you see that the captain - i.e, the man flying the plane, has no shoes on).

6. Re: noise on sea plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations