We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warderick Wells

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
Warderick Wells

How long does it typically take to go from Staniel Cay to Warderick Wells in a runabout? Is WW interesting enough to make a half day or full day trip to explore it?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Warderick Wells

Warderick Wells is a nice place....there is a new Warden for the land and sea park that is very friendly. It is a beautiful area...should take about 40 minutes or so from SCYC depending on type of boat obviously...that is in a 17' whaler time. Let me know if you have other questions. Steve

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
2. Re: Warderick Wells

What is Warderick Wells? is it North or South from SC?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Warderick Wells

Warderick Wells is in the Exumas Land and Sea Park which is north of Staniel Cay. It is where the Warden's house is located and there is also a nice hiking trail, beach, and giant whale skeleton.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
4. Re: Warderick Wells

Steve, thanks for the info. Phillipe, if you haven't already, check nbhtravel.com, go to the Staniel Cay trip report where there are some great shots of Warderick Wells.

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
5. Re: Warderick Wells

Thanks guys

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
6. Re: Warderick Wells

Joe: In regards to 1/2 or full day I would say that is your choice...it is island time after all. Typically we would leave Staniel about 10am and get back around 3pm or so with time spent lounging around on Twin Cay, stopping by Sampson Cay, Compass Cay, etc. I could take a day and a half to go from Staniel to Warderick Wells but that is just me. I am easily amused on any sandy beach.

I you both enjoy your trip (Joe & Phillipe). Post a reply on any of these threads with a review. Always interesting to see how others enjoy the Out Islands. Steve

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
7. Re: Warderick Wells

Steve, I use the same process of diddling around and stopping at every interesting looking cay, and as you know, there are many in the middle Exumas. Last time (and our only trip) we were there we rarely knew the names of the places where we stopped, so I decided it would be worthwhile to have Fowl Cay arrange a guide to take us up to the park on Monday. The manager recommended a half-day for around $400. There are going to be ten of us so that's pretty cheap. We arrive on a Saturday and I didn't want to interfere with local church services on Sunday. We definitely made it to the park on one of our excursions since I recall a small cay with a sign reading: "Exuma Land and Sea Park". That was probably the southern end of the park. We found a submerged small plane in about 30-40 ft near a cut, a really strong current was flowing, not a place for kids or novice swimmers.

I will definitely give a report when I return--we leave in 50 days--but who's counting?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
8. Re: Warderick Wells

Joe:

The place where the sign is for the Exumas Land & Sea Park is at the southern tip of the park. Warderick is towards the southern end of the park if memory serves me correctly. I think it is about 15 minutes or so north of that sign. You will see the Waren's house on the shallow side of the island (west side). There is a good fishing spot just south of the park. $400 is about the average for a guide for 4 or so hours, regardless of number of people, so if you have 10 people even better. We only had 4 people last time so not quite as cheap but still well worth every $$ as it is much better watching than driving the boat :-) 50 days....not too much longer and you can start counting hours. Have a Kalik on me. Steve

9. Re: Warderick Wells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Staniel Cay
Recent Conversations