We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Harry Nixon from Ft Lauderdale to Staniel Cay

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with Harry Nixon from Ft Lauderdale to Staniel Cay

Does anyone know if Harry Nixon is still flying from Ft. Lauderdale to Staniel Cay? If so, has anybody chartered a flight with him lately? We are looking to visit SCYC in August and were interested in booking with him. The $400/person flight with Watermakers is a little expensive for us.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Harry Nixon from Ft Lauderdale to Staniel Cay

I have not heard of anyone flying with Harry from Ft. Laud. in the last couple of years (since 2004 anyway). If Watermakers price is too high, check some of the other charter companies at the Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport (not the international one)....and see what their price is relative to Watermakers. I haven't price checked in a few years ....the last time I did I believe it was 2005 and while Watermakers was more expensive, you can certainly tell the difference in the quality of their staff, and their planes are in tip top shape which I can't not necessarily say for all other outfits. Good luck in your search. and enjoy your trip to SC in August.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Nassau
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Harry Nixon from Ft Lauderdale to Staniel Cay

Harry Nixon no longer fly. But Flamingo Air offers service into Staniel Cay on a daily bases. 8am and 2pm daily. The fare down to Staniel Cay is $100.00 One way and $190.00 Round Trip. If you are interested the toll free number to reach them is (242) 225-1558.

3. Re: Flying with Harry Nixon from Ft Lauderdale to Staniel Cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 am, November 10, 2009