My wife & I just booked our trip to Exuma today - for our 10 year anniversary. It will be our first trip ever to this area - we've only been out of country one time before. So this is a pretty special trip for us. I've been reading like crazy - and even the person we're renting from said I was well informed for being a first timer when I asked her some questions - but I wanted to see if the experts here on the forum might weigh in on some of my questions.
We're renting here - www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p155415 - 7 days
We'll be there in June 2014. It included a car as part of the rental - so looks like we're good to go on exploring for the week.
I was curious, as first times, what is the absolute must do's (other than relax, enjoy the view and the company of my lovely wife) for the week we're there?
I didn't know if someone might have a good itinerary for us to follow - we have 7 days, a Mon to Mon trip.
I was hoping to do one of the boat tours and a day of Minn's boat rental as well. Past that - we had nothing else planned. Ideas are MOST welcome.
The other questions:
1. As far as bringing food into the country - I've read and re-read and even spoke to the lady who runs the rental - and I'm still not 100% on the answer or who I should call to confirm with, but... let's say I vacuum seal cooked food (we do smoked BBQ a lot at home in bulk - like whole briskets/whole pork butts for pulled pork etc..) - and freeze the BBQ in vacuum sealed bags - can I bring those into the country for my trip?
2. Best items to bring for food and items I shouldn't even think about bringing?
3. Best way to bring food in for the trip? Soft cooler in a suitcase or a real cooler?
4. Credit cards - I get the impression they are almost useless on the island - should be just bring a lot of cash and not expect to use any credit cards?
5. Estimated - and I realize it's different for everyone - cost of fuel for a rental car for a week.
6. Everyday items to bring for the trip - must haves that most people forget or have to buy because they forgot them.
I think that's it for now - thanks for any help/advice you can offer to help make this the best anniversary trip yet and one to remember for a long time.