We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates for Sandals???

Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Rates for Sandals???

Wondering if anyone has tips on rates at the Sandals. I have stayed here when it was FS in the past. Love the location and accommodations - just wondering if people are really paying $700 per night?? I know this is an all inclusive but still seems a little high - maybe because I don't love eating that much :) Any help would be great - looking at going in June. Also, is it usually busy - I think both times in the past in the summer it was about 20% occupied.

Flic En Flac
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rates for Sandals???

Nothing against Sandals, but check out Grand Isle next door if you are still shopping around and liked the FS. When it was FS it was part of the complex. Now, it is separate, but you share the same beach as Sandals. IMHO it is a way better value, but that's me. You can get a car and go out and get some real Bahamian food. Grand Isle has a restaurant, great pool and a nice bar, but it is pay as you go. Daily maid service is included. But, you also have full kitchen- washer/dryer etc. These condos are super nice- I'm like you, I cannot eat enough food to make this all inclusive make sense.

But, if you prefer all inclusive, yes, it is easy to spend that much at Sandals per night as a couple. I like all inclusive when it is in a dangerous area, or if I just want to stay on the resort and not leave. But Exuma is not dangerous at all and frankly, getting out and exploring the island to me, is the only reason to go. But, we love nature, mom and pop restaurants, "discovering" new beaches and photography etc.

Edited: 12:14 pm, February 05, 2014
edmonton
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rates for Sandals???

We are also looking at sandals in great exuma next jan! We've been to sandals grande riveria in jamaica last yr n sandals oral bahamian this jan ! If you love food , I mean lobster tails, lots of seafood/ fish, prime ribs n lambs and omg so much more !!!!!!and of ourselves brand name booze.... Unlimited golfing n diving n other water sports... sandals is the way to go !!!! We are hooked ! Yes it is a bit expensive but thy have reward programs that you could signed up after your first trip n you could use points to get extra discount ! They also have air discount for flights n free couple massage etc!!! Also I'm not sure which room type you are looking at? We had butler and we didn't even have to pay that much$700????

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
756 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rates for Sandals???

We love Sandals resorts, but I, too, hate paying top dollar. LOL If your travel dates are flexible, search different times of the year; we'll often book vacations based on when I find the best prices. Sandals also runs a lot of "sales" at different times of the year, so check back in periodically to see if/when prices may drop. Also look for free night offers. We are currently booked for a trip to SEB in Aug 2014. I'd been watching the property for several years, but it had always just been out of the price-range that I felt comfortable with for a vacation. The current pricing for summer months is pretty good (best prices I've seen for this resort in several years), with an additional air-fare credit and free night offers on stays of 5n+ in butler rooms. I booked the lowest butler room at a time when they were offering triple points to returning Sandals guests, so we got an additional $750 off the price on top of the air credit and free night, so our upcoming trip to SEB will be the least expensive (best cost/night) Sandals trip we've taken in more than 5yrs (and to 5 different resorts).

Unfortunately, it is a bit of a game with Sandals. My word of advice: be patient, and if/when you finally stumble on a good deal/sale, book it quickly. And... if you book with a travel agent and the price drops, they can rebook at the lower rate (as long as your trip isn't paid off when the price drops).

I've been playing the sandals game for more than 7yrs now. I'm hesitant to book if I feel that the price is too high, and I always pat myself on the back when I eventually get a good deal. Sometimes we end up going to one of the other properties because I find a great deal, but I keep looking at pricing for the resorts I want to try, and eventually I've found pricing that works for me for each of them.

Good luck!

4. Re: Rates for Sandals???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 20, 2015