We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Day Honeymoon in January!

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
10 Day Honeymoon in January!

Hey everyone!

We just booked our honeymoon for mid January and will be in the beautiful Exumas for 10 days. I'm just reaching out to see what the top things are in your opinion that we have to do? I've done some research online, but I want to hear it from actual people. :)

We are staying in an ocean front cottage two miles southwest from Georgetown, and have rented a car for the trip. Best restaurants? Best tours? Most romantic beach? etc.

Thank you for your input!

Thank you so much!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

The highlight of our trip this past July was a day trip to the cays with Sugar Adventure Tours. His conch salad was probably the best we've ever had and we watched his son gather the conch just a mere hour before we were eating it. We had a really great day.

We also enjoyed the harbour tour with Vernon from Elvis' taxi then lunch at the St Francis on Stocking Island (cracked conch!). IF you have boating experience and the weather is good then you can rent your own boat and do this yourself. Don't miss Tropic of Cancer beach and have lunch at Santana's on Little Exuma. Our favorite beach was on Moriah Harbour Cay. The place we stayed had kayaks and we kayaked over there with not a soul in sight. We also enjoyed Driftwood Cafe downtown, the fish fry and Exuma Beach Club. Chat n Chill is cool for the stingrays and beach lounging but the food was nothing special.

Congrats on your wedding. We honeymooned on the other Bahamian island that starts with an "E" :)

Houston
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

We have been 4 times with 5th visit coming in March.

We love having the freedom a boat provides getting to Chat N Chill, deserted beaches, dolphins, turtles, etc. We LOVE the beaches around Man of war Cay. Knee deep water about 100 yards from the beach in places can't be beat.

Exuma Cays Adventures is the only one we would/have gone with. Peter provides a great experience! All tours go to the same places pretty much, so the captain is the one that makes the trip that much more special!

Santana's is a must, fish fry has excellent choices and varieties. We have found great food at Peace and Plenty for lunch and dinner. Eddies Edgewater is always a safe bet as well. We are pretty beat at the end of the day and end up cooking in house cause we just don't want to get back out! Others will chime in with excellent restauran choices though.

Since you'll be driving, take a look at google maps to get birds eye view so you know your way around better.

Hope this helps!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

Welcome to the Forums & Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Here are a few other 'real' people with reports for you :)

FoodieGirlKY - March 2013 Exuma Trip Report - Exuma - Family & Friends Group w/ a baby, Simon's Point, PHOTOS tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147429-i786-k6335…

Jungledriver - July 2013 - Trip Report June 30 - July 6 - Great Exuma - Couple, Exuma Vacation Cottages, Sky Bahamas, Thompson's Rental Car, Sugar Adventure Tours, kayaking, Island Wings charter flight (Exuma to Long Island) tripadvisor.com/…52538712

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

P.S. Jungledriver also has some great photos :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147429-i786-k6701…

Greensboro, NC
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

Just returned a few days ago. Everyone has mentioned everything we did plus some we missed. I look forward to returning to work on my list of things to see. We loved it. I did return full of bites from the sand flies and would highly recommend taking lots of bug spray, unless you are one of those lucky people that bugs do not tend to bite you. As far as renting a boat, I'm not even sure you need boating experience other than some basic pointers and listen to what they tell you when you rent it. We loved the boat rental! Highly recommend getting it as early as you can, as the days slips away and you wish you had more time.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

@tothem00n - Sorry that you're one of the 'sweet' people for those bugs, weird how they like some people more than others. Glad to hear you had a good time - nothing (IMHO) beats exploring deserted beaches in your own boat!

7. Re: 10 Day Honeymoon in January!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 13, 2014