We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters: one-person or two-person??

canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scooters: one-person or two-person??

hi there!

we are wondering if the scooters (that are available to rent) are one-person or two-person scooters?

if anyone know, it would be very wonderful

exuma
Level Contributor
292 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

They are 2 person

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

Generally, they are 2 person scooters, but for larger people, it becomes a weight issue, as the scooters are quite small. While riding scooters on vacation seems like a wonderful toursit way to see things, please give it some serious thought. Riding scooters in Nassau is dangerous. There are numerous accidents (some fatal) especially downtown and on faster roads that tourists wander onto without knowing. Weekly, there are always accidents involving vistors. Just look through this forum and you will get a better pciture of scooter rentals

canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

thank you!

we are not going to be in Nassau at all - just near/around Georgetown

thanks all!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice this was an Exuma post. Whole different scenario! Just stay to the left and be careful when venturing off paved roads, and watch for sandy spots! Have fun!

MA
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

The edges of the main road are quite a bit jagged. I wouldn't want to ride on the side of the road. I would only use a scooter if I was going to plan on staying in the middle.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

Joyce is right about that! We had a right hand vehicle and when my husband was driving and I was in the passenger seat, I felt like he was constantly going to run me off the road! I ended up driving the entire time. The roads there do seem to have eroded on the edges worse than other islands we've been to.

MA
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

LOL, Jungledriver. I had the exact same experience!! I'm the worst back seat driver and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

8. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 pm, August 12, 2016
9. Re: scooters: one-person or two-person??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 15, 2014