We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused?! what is the difference..

canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
confused?! what is the difference..

Hi,

i am confused. is there are difference between "Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park" and the full '4 C's' day tour? or perhaps they are just two similar excursions run by different companies?

regardless, if we do one, should we do the other as well?

thanks for the help!! :)

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused?! what is the difference..

The Land and Sea Park is in the northern part of the Exuma chain. The cays tour companies that operate out of Great Exuma will take you as far as Compass Cay which is just south of the southern border of the Land and Sea Park.

4 C's is just one of the tour companies that offers the cays tour. We used Sugar Adventure Tours. I made a list of all of them in a thread back in April with the captains names and approx. costs.

Hope that helps!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confused?! what is the difference..

Here is the link: tripadvisor.com/…49784337

Some updates:

for Sugar's tour you do need extra money for lunch at Staniel Cay Yacht Club and $10 pp for the entrance fee to Compass Cay. His tour includes snacks, rum punch and fresh made conch salad. Also, he has a 35 foot Contender with twin engines so the boat ride goes faster than some of the others. It also has a bimini top for shade. As always, all the captains and their mates appreciate a tip.

Starfish was outsourcing the tour to one of the other companies at the time I inquired.

another thread about the tours: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147429-i786-k6345…

exuma
Level Contributor
298 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: confused?! what is the difference..

The answer to your question is that tour operators do NOT go to the Land and Sea Park, it is too far in terms of time, and too expensive in terms of fuel consumption.

4. Re: confused?! what is the difference..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 14, 2014