We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations

Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations

We're first timers to Exuma this March. My wife and I will spend a week. We're looking for a little local color and not the resort stay. We like houses on the water, long beach walks,swimming, a good beach bar for lunch, boating(minn's looks like the place for this),snorkeling, a nice meal both in and out, etc,etc,

So--any lodging and other recommendations would helpful.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations

St. Francis sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for! Nice clean rooms with a private porch, which sit directly on a several mile long (essentially private) beach. They serve an amazing breakfast to your room every morning and the food there is excellent. Additionally, the famous Chat N' Chill beach bar is a short kayak across the bay. In terms of renting a boat, Minns is the only place, and I would suggest renting a boat for the duration of your stay or at least the majority. Particularly if you end up staying at St. Francis as it is on Stocking Island about a mile off of Georgetown. Read the reviews they DO NOT lie. My wife and I honeymooned there is August and reserved our rooms for this August immediately after returning home. George and Jill (the owners) will make you feel like you are just hanging out in paradise with close friends.

Strandhill, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations

There's a few beautiful rentals around Hoopers Bay beach, which is a stunning beach. I've never stayed there, as I'd rather be near Georgetown for access to shopping in the market without a car - we stay in Regatta Point. But if I ever go back & want to stay next to a beach, it'll be there!

Minns rents the boats as said. Or you can get the water taxi with Elvis for $12 return whenever you want to go over & back. Chat n Chill is great, for a real Exuma night out, go to Eddies Edgewater on Monday night for the rake n scrape night, it's brilliant! Try to get down to Santana's on little exuma for a fab meal during the day.

There's good spots for snorkeling if you rent a boat, but you'll have to find the reefs! If you go to Chat n Chill you can walk around Stocking Island & find loads of smaller reefs right offshore, great for snorkeling.

This video of our trip in November will hopefully whet your appetite for Exuma! http://vimeo.com/54624268

Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations

Thanks

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations

check out a villa on a beach

http://tropicalviewvillas.blogspot.com/

5. Re: Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, January 06, 2014