We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exuma Beach Resort

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Exuma Beach Resort

Ok..did I miss something?

Where is this?

www.stjonesenterprises.com/exuma/

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

I am curious too! Could it be what used to be the P & P Bonefish Lodge?? Someone please fill us in.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

Or could it be the old coconut cove hotel? But the information does not match with that hotel or area.

I'm thinking it's just a bogus website. I have been all over Great Exuma and this just isn't adding up.

I do know the old resort on stocking island was for sale also? (forgot the name)

If anyone knows...help!

Flic En Flac
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

A quick Google search by image, of a snapshot of one of the bedrooms, "Hoopers Suite" shows that it is actually a shot from Breezes in Curaco. Definitely something fishy going on here...

stjonesenterprises.com/exuma/…

group-sales.com/destinations/curacao/Breezes…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

So strange..hmmm

Houston
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

Anyone try to call the number on their web? Doesn't look like a local number.

Pictures look like they were taken from Sandals, etc!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

Ok everyone..

The old Coconut Cove is now Exuma Beach Resort.

They are opening in mid December.

I think maybe they are using the website...but with random pictures as a prelude to opening.

Flic En Flac
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

They ought to wait until they can give an appropriate image. Tacky. Possibly illegal I would think. No way in heck they turned Coconut Cove into something even close to that website. I was just in Exuma in June. At that time they had just commenced the bulldozing of the old site as I dined next door. Not in 5 months. No way. *rolls eyes*

It would be great if someone would go by there. IF they could create a multi-million dollar resort there- it would be awesome. Something tells me it ain't happening though.

Perhaps the website went live by mistake and they are just playing around with the design. Whoever did it is very good. I've seen that happen before.

Edited: 8:59 pm, November 30, 2012
New York
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

This is a little dishonest, no not a little, very dishonest. They have a guestbook, testimonials, and the pictures that don't represent the location at all. The Hooper's Bay suite says it overlooks Hooper's Bay. Coconut Cove is nowhere near Hooper's Bay. Exumawannabe are you sure this is the old Coconut cove?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

I own property at the Palm Bay Beach Club..next door. My neighbor (another owner) just confirmed and my last guest that just left confirmed that Coconut Cove is now called Exuma Beach Resort..they both were just there over Thanksgiving.

The website I am only assuming is theirs. Like tropicalbeach said It may just be a website they are playing around with.

But like you..there is no way Coconut Cove looks like that or as the website says it sits on the" best beach in Exuma". That is really stretching it! lol

All I do know is that I am sooo confused!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Exuma Beach Resort

Ok..found this also. Gonna figure this out sooner or later.

facebook.com/pages/…372967342735457