We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon is booked!

Annapolis, Maryland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon is booked!

My fiance and I have booked our honeymoon at the Sandals Emerald Bay. While I am very excited to decompress and relax on the beach after the wedding, we are a pretty active couple. Does anyone have any recommendations for local spots outside of the resort we can explore?

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon is booked!

Sounds like Great Exuma will be the perfect island for you, as there is plenty of exploring to do. I just recently returned from a honeymoon in Exuma. We did not stay at sandals because we did not want the resort (trapped) feeling, and we heard lots of stories about people who got "stuck" there and didn't venture outside the resort. This is a beautiful place that is well worth exploring, with incredible local people! I would suggest the following as must dos:

-Rent a car and take a trip to tropic of cancer beach on little exuma and have lunch at Santanas.

-Rent a boat from Minns for a day or two and explore Elizabeth Harbor, and spend an afternoon at the chat n chill and big d's conch stop (both on stocking island). Conch salad is excellent at both!

-Take a trip up the cays with 4 C's to see the grotto, swiming pigs ect... we did not get the chance to do this, but hear it is well worth it and plan to do it next time.

There are plenty of other things to do, I would suggest looking through these forums for more ideas.

2. Re: Honeymoon is booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 12, 2013