We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental necessary?

Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental necessary?

Will be @February Point in Nov, arriving @ Georgetown airport. Have never visited Great Exuma, do we need a vehicle for getting around town for groceries and restaurants? Thanks.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental necessary?

You will need something, ideally a car, but a boat can work too.

Cab fare adds up very quickly, plus you will want to explore.

MA
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental necessary?

I would rent a car for at least a few days. Maybe you could work it to go along with exploring, store runs etc. We rented the whole week and will definitely rent all week in May.

Have a great time! We LOVED our first trip to Exuma (can't wait to get back).

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental necessary?

We stayed at February Point and rented a car for the week. It made getting around very convenient for sightseeing, dining, and grocery shopping. I would at least rent a car for a few days. There are so many beautiful places to see by boat and car. We used Thompsons Rentals. They are helpful and friendly and located right in Georgetown. Also we were able to drop the car off at the airport. Have fun!

Placerville...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental necessary?

just got home yesterday first time and we rented a car for 10 days so worth it the island is awsom and tropic of cancer was my best beach about 20 min out of georgetown watch for a blue trash can with Winks on it if you get to Santans you have gone to far, but stop and have a drink and go next door to MOMs bakery for some good bread, also take a boat ride to feed the swimming pigs with FOUR C best boat trip ever will worth the 160.00 for all day trip you get to see alot and have losts of fun Anthony was awsom guide

calgary
Level Contributor
32 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental necessary?

When are you going , we head on the 8 to Feb Point from Calgary.

This is our 2nd time at Feb Point . We rented a car the lasttime we were there for 7 days. It is nice to have and travel around the Island .

We met some great locals, driving around and even picked them up, there is no bus on the island so the locals stand on the road and get picked up.

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental necessary?

We leave Nov. 4th out of Toronto. Both my Husband and I are born and raised Calgarians; and will be with two Calgarians on this trip.

We arrive on Sunday afternoon, we understand that most everything closed, will it be an issue finding someplace for dinner? We are renting a villa so we are on our own as opposed to an AI.

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

exuma
Level Contributor
298 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental necessary?

You will have plenty of options for dinner on a Sunday. Peace & Plenty, Eddies Edgewater, Fish Fry, To name but a few.

8. Re: Car rental necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 13, 2013