We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Issac

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Issac

Should I be concerned about hurricane Issac. We will be at SEB on Oct 7th/12. I am quite concerned about the hurricanes this year. Can anyone ease my mind.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Issac

Isaac will be long gone by then. Its the storms that could form the rest of the season that bear watching. Its appears unlikely -saac will much impact on Exuma, probably some heavy rains and a bit windy. Most of the islands in the Bahamas can pretty much handle a minimal hurricane with no problems. Day or two cleaning up, and that's it. Its the more powerful ones that can be problematic like Irene last year.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Issac

Sandals also has a hurricane policy for a return trip or refund if you ride it out (I think!).

The islands are small and the storms blow over pretty quick.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
156 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Issac

Hi jakeandme!

At this time, there is no need to fret over your upcoming vacation. Your stay should not be affected by Issac. Hurricanes typically last for approximately 7-10 days although often most of its life is spent out at sea and it usually passes through a specific area within 24 hours.

During the hurricane season, we constantly monitor weather channels and official web sites to stay abreast of weather patterns affecting the region. As time has passed, so has technology and thankfully today’s systems enables organizations such as the National Hurricane Centre (NHC) to accurately track the paths and strength of storms long ahead of time and issue alerts if necessary.

Looking forward to your visit!

Tiffany M

Sandals and Beaches Rep

Windsor, Connecticut
Level Contributor
149 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Issac

Sandals no longer has a hurricane Policy as of 2008. I was fortunate (if that's how I should put it) to have experienced this policy first hand during my weddingmoon in November 2001 when Hurricane Michelle reared her ugly head at SRC. Sandals replaced our entire honeymoon and made my husband and I diehard Sandals fans. Anyway, now you should always book trip insurance, especially during hurricane season.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane Issac

Wasn't this property under different ownership in 2001??? I'm just saying. Gotta love these out of the blue random posters.

6. Re: Hurricane Issac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, August 24, 2012
Windsor, Connecticut
Level Contributor
149 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane Issac

And no, it wasn't under different ownership in 2001 when I got married there.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricane Issac

Bummer to hear about the policy change! Sandals has wonderful resorts and I would be comfortable in their care should the need arise.

Remember, these islands and their residents, have gone through hurricanes before and have the experience and knowledge to handle these things.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricane Issac

JLAA is actually on this forum quite a bit and has been very helpful.

Windsor, Connecticut
Level Contributor
149 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricane Issac

Very true littlejohn.

Thank you Jungledriver, I appreciate it :)

I love these forums because they have been so helpful when I have questions about planning a trip and I only post when I feel like I can contribute something I feel will be helpful for someone else.