We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

Westerville, Ohio
11 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

What is the average rate to rent a car in Exuma? Is it necessary? Are there many restaurants there? We're thinking about staying at the Four Seasons, but would like to not have to eat there every night.

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

From what I understand car rental is like $75 a day, thru the FS hotel, at least that was the info given to me by the conceirge...I was just wondering if you could rent them elsewhere cheaper and for the entire stay?? Or, are there mopeds available for rental?? So far I could not find any info on that...We head to Exuma and June and would love more info too!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

We split our time between Club Peace and Plenty and 4 Seasons. A car was around $70 daily. A taxi from 4 Seasons to town was almost that 1 way!

4 Seasons is about 30-40 minutes to town. It's fairly isolated, so not many choices except what's there.

At least 1 day, get a car and go to Tropic of Cancer Beach, and get a water taxi to Stocking Island (from Peace and Plenty Club) Stocking Island is stunning!

Houston, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

Blamona,

Can you go to both Tropic of Cancer Beach & Stocking Island in one day? Or should these both be done in 2 different days?? Since getting around on the island doesn't sound cheap we wanted to get the most out of our car rental...did you rent thru the FS hotel, or was there a rental agency somewhere on the island?? Also, what was your most favorite dining experience once you left the FS hotel?? Any suggestions??

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

rented from town, while staying at Club Peace and Plenty.

while it's probably possible to to see both in 1 day, I would do 2 seperate days.

The water taxis from CPP only go twice a day, so it might be hard to coordinate.

Another option (but expensive, but worth every penny) call Starfish and rent a boat. the captain can take you to different cays and spend about 1/2 swimming at each. Can also stop at Tropic of Cancer Beach. We spent morning at Stocking, went with Starfish around 1 until about 5. Do not miss Moriah Cay if you do this! It's stunning!! Cost about $300 for the 1/2 day.

I enjoyed the restaurant at CLub Peace and Plenty, seems to be a hub for the town. Met lots of locals. I really liked the food at Palm Bay Resort too.

Houston, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental in Exuma?/Restaurants on Exuma?

Thanks Blamona!

You are full of information...Much appreciated!!! You don't happen to have a phone # for Starfish or an email?? The FS also had mentioned Minns for use of Boat Rentals...do you think we should rent our own boat? or hire a captain?

Also, what were your experiences at FS?? I have read many mixed reviews and I am just trying to prepare myself...I know this island is remote and the FS is still rarely new, so we will just have to go with the flow...which is why we picked Exuma in the first place!!!