We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exuma cays tour

genova
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Exuma cays tour

HI,

Checking online the most popular (and expensive) services like exumawatersports and robertsislandadventures i found a cheaper alternative that is exumawatertours.

It seems to offer the same excursion and the price is $160 per person.

Can someone tell me if there are differences between these tours?

I have also read somewhere that someone advised against this tours because the boat trip takes about 3 hours to reach the first island, and even if they are provided for several stages (pigs cay, iguana cay, thunderball grotto etc...), only in some of them the swim is allowed, and only for a short period (about 15 minutes). Is it true?

Thank you

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exuma cays tour

I agree that there are many operators for this tour. I made a matrix of what the tours were in May 2011. I believe that most of the operators that do this tour all do the sand bar, 007 grotto, swimming pigs, iguanas. Some do swimming with the sharks, drug plane wreckage and other stops including lunch. The one thing I did not consider was if the boat was canopied. Our boat had coverage for everyone so even with the 10 minute shower we had, everyone was protected. While stopped at the swimming pigs, another boat approached but only a few people near the captain had cover. Some people may not want to be in the hot sun for 8-10 hours.

We went through the Sandals operator and were very happy with the extra stops we made as well as have lunch and drinks included. (we did have a few people in our group that definitely took advantage of the unlimited beers/cocktails on tour and at the restaurant).

As for your question about taking 3 hours, I do not think it was that long to reach our first destination. The boat we had could really get into shallow waters (only a couple feet from shore in some places) and may have been able to navigate through the cays better.

Regardless of your choice, I think this trip was a must-do. Originally, DH was not going to go but once we got to the island, he was so happy he did. In fact, when we return, we plan to do the tour again!!!

Enjoy!!!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Exuma cays tour

Nikko I'm glad I stumbled upon this response. We will be at SEB the end of March & I have been questioning which tour guide to use. Looks like we'll take your suggestion and use tours with SEB. I would like to know if we should have the resort phone to rent a car for us for probably one day or if we should do this ourselves when we get there?

M

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exuma cays tour

You should be able to have the resort do coordinate getting you a rental car. We have not done this at SEB but at another Sandals/Beaches location.

Have a wonderful trip! Look forward to your thoughts of the resort and tour. Justin and his dad do a great job of the tour!!!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exuma cays tour

Hi Nikko, do you remember which tour operator Sandals used on your trip? And the price per person? Did it include lunch? We are staying at a villa so I'll need to book directly with the tour guys.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exuma cays tour

We went with Patrick at 4C's. We bought the whole boat out for our group of six. He will transport you to the dock and back. He does offer a tour for $160 per person and I don't think it includes the cost of the lunch at Compass Cay, which is about $10. We loved the tour, saw everything. It didn't take 3 hours to get there, but the sandbar was the first stop and it is well over an hour to that. But Pat knew many of the island's owners and took us by on our way there.

This topic has been discussed in previous threads, so you might want to search. Personally, I would not want to spend the money that the Sandal's tour asked if there was a cheaper alternative with good reviews.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exuma cays tour

Thanks Pam. I'll check them out. I guess the prices online might be wrong. The cays tour with Exuma Cays Adventures is $200 pp and you have to buy lunch. Starfish's tour is $240 if you have at least 7 people (the price lessens with more people going). It includes unlimited food and drinks at SCYC. The Exuma Water Sports (boat is the ExZOOMA) doesn't list a price and they leave from Barraterre which will be quite a drive from Hartswell. Roberts doesn't have a price either, no lunch, leaves from Barraterre also.

I'll check out 4C's. Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exuma cays tour

Prices may have risen with the cost of fuel, we took the trip last March.

Moorhead, MN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Exuma cays tour

We just got back from Exuma last week. We did the tour with Robert and had a great time. There is a fairly long boat ride, but the scenery is beautiful. We bought out the boat with 8 of us for $175 each. Food wasn't included, but we just packed a cooler with some extra drinks and food so we didn't waste time in a restaurant. That gave us more time to enjoy the sights.

It was a fantastic trip, and was the kids favorite part for sure.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exuma cays tour

We went with Exuma Water Sports....lunch and drinks (soda and beer) were included as well as cocktails at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club.

Enjoy!!!

Erie,PA.
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exuma cays tour

How much was the Exuma Water Sports trip$$?

How long of a drive from George T?

What did you think about the quality?

Thanks, ron