We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
29 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

We will be arriving in the Exuma's on June 30th and staying for one week. This is our first time to Great Exuma and we are so excited! I keep checking the forecast and they say 70% chance of thunder storms. Our previous experiences to various tropical destinations, the weather predicts rain, but when you are there.... no rain. Is this the same in Exuma? Does it rain for an entire day, or does it just rain for a couple of hours (like Jamaica)? We are happy to go, even if it rains, but I thought I would just ask the question... any comments?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I wouldn't put any faith in a 10 to 14 day weather forecast. And I'm not sure how they are predicting a 70 percent chance of rain. Here's the general weather for anywhere in the Bahamas this time of year. Daily, anywhere from a 30 to 60 percent chance of thunder showers/storms, it can rain anytime of day or night. Just typical pop up summer storms. May rain for a few minutes or a couple of hours, where you are can get two inches, but two miles away not a drop. Not often will we see an all day rain. High humidity, with daytime highs in the low to mid 90's, heat index often above 100. UV index in the extreme range (10+), so don't forget the sunscreen.

los angeles
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

we just got back and it rained on occasion when we were there. I would say the mornings tend to be partially clouded. By noon, the sun dominates with a few clouds in the way. By about 3, the clouds get heavier and you might see some showers. Showers were limited in duration. Did hear some thunder on occasion, but the storms were quick-moving. Forecasts are completely unpredictable. The day I was flying in, a partially cloudy day was forecast. They had a storm that last 2 hours that was so bad our flight couldn't land and had to turn back to miami. Next day, thunderstorms were predicted, but all we got out on the water was 15 minutes of light sprinkles. Go figure. I will say that the dark clouds or showers mostly seemed to occur inland. Seems like heavy clouds don't form very often out in the water.

3. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, June 14, 2012
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I am planning a cookout on June 30th, 2012, what kind of weather can I expect, I am so nervous please help me.

Kitqueenf@aol.com

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I am planning a cookout on June 30th, 2012, what kind of weather can I expect, I am so nervous please help me.

Kitqueenf@aol.com

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I think you should relax. Rainy season started with a bang, and early. But the last few days across the Bahamas have been dry and hot. And that is how it goes this time of year. Days of daily rain, and days on row without any rain.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I live in new jersey

Kitqueenf@aol.com

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

I think you should relax. There is no way any weather site can give you an accurate weather forecast 14 days in advance. This time of year, expect a 30 to 60% daily chance of thunderstorms. Thats just the way it is. Not a all day rain, just your average pop up summer time storms.

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

We have been to several vacations where it has rained, it didn't bother us...you have to make best of it. We are going to SEB on July 1st for a week...rain or shine we will be there...lol

10. Re: Weather Forecast for June 30th to July 7th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, June 16, 2013