We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peace and plenty For Sale

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peace and plenty For Sale

I see on viviun that the peace and plenty is for sale. I feel very sad of economy changes on exuma. Does anyone know if it is still open and if it will remain open until sold. It is not the beach inn (which has sold and reopened but the hotel in town). hopefully with sandals coming in things will turn around for Great exuma and the economy.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

I just saw that as well. Mr Benjamin recently passed away and his family has taken over the property.

My mother has recently returned and said that the island was extremely quiet, even for the summer, but that EVERYBODY was excited that Sandals was coming in. Not everyone felt the same way when the Four Seasons opened. This illustrates the slow economic situation on the island right now.

When my mother stopped by the straw market to pick up a few things the one woman working thanked her repeatedly for her purchase.

Tourism is the number one idustry in the Bahamas and Exuma. Lets spread the word and tell everyone how great the islands are to help the Bahamanians who have helped to make our trips down the Exuma and the other islands so great.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

Have been in email communication with Peace and Plenty about a July 2010 vacation. Should I be concerned aabout the impending sale? Two couples and 2 teenagers (boy and girl) looking to fish, snorkel and eat good food. Any other suggestions?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

If you're interested in staying in the Georgetown area look into Regatta Point as well. They are small apartments that sit on a small peninsula 5 minutes walk from Peace and Plenty. You can keep a Minns' rental boat tie up out front and in July you'll have the whole place almost all to yourself.

If you're looking for a few more amenities look into Palm Bay. It's a short drive out of town but there's a pool and restaurant on the property.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

Palm Bay is on my radar. Know anything about Grand Isle villas? Could you recommend any villa companies. If possible, we'd all like to stay together, on the beach, in air conditioned rooms with pool access. Thanks

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

Grande Isle is lux. Read the reviews. They seem to be very complimentary. Be aware that Grande Isle is set pretty well removed from Georgetown up by the soon to be opened Sandals/ recently closed 4 Seasons. It's very isolated. If you are looking for higher end, closer to "civilization" look into February Pt. It's JUST outside of Georgetown, on the water, with a pool, and all villas. I like this location better because you have easy access to the Harbor and Stocking Island and outer cay beaches by boat. On Stocking Island you have numerous beaches all to yourself, a few places to stop in for lunch/afternoon drink, and there a couple of coral formations in the Harbor and a cavemouth inside the Hurricane Hole on Stockign Island you can snorkel on.

Yes, Grande Isle is very nice, but as I said it's isolated. It's about a 20-25 minute drive into Georgetown. Look into February Pt for a bit more "action" or as much as your going to find in Exuma in the summer.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

Thank you for the excellent info about Grand Isle. We certainly don't want to be isolated with the teenagers. I will look into February Point. I welcome other suggestions.

7. Re: Peace and plenty For Sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 01, 2010