We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What beachfront on Great Exuma?

Rome
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What beachfront on Great Exuma?

Hi,

my girlfriend and I are planning a week on Great Exuma.

We are looking for a place that has rooms right on the beach, as close as possible to the water...any suggestions?

We are looking for peace,beautiful sandy beaches, seafood and boating around...

Thanks for the help!

Simone

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What beachfront on Great Exuma?

I am heading to www.stfrancisresort.com next week and will post a review on my return. I am hoping to find exactly what you are looking for!

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What beachfront on Great Exuma?

Check out Palm Bay Beach Club.We stayed there for two weeks last July.Great home base,but need to rent a car to see all the great beaches.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What beachfront on Great Exuma?

Simone,

If peace,beautiful sandy beaches, seafood and boating around are your main priorities then I think Great Exuma is what you are looking for!

There are a number of places to stay which fit some or all of those requirements.

St. Francis is a good place to start, as it has dock access to Elizabeth Harbor and access to all the ocean-side beaches of Stocking Island. The only thing is that you have to take a boat to get there. But you may like that.

Palm Bay, Coconut Cove, and the Beach Inn all sit next to one another, have small beaches, and access to the water. These hotels are all on Great Exuma, close to Georgetown. The beaches aren't the greatest, but the access to the protected Harbor will give you great boating.

Regatta Point in Georgetown is more of an apartment type accomodation. It sits on a peninsula away from town. The beach is not good here, but the access to the Harbor is superb, none better! You can tie a rental boat up out front of your room and zip across to all the deserted beaches on Stocking Island.

The Peace n Plenty in Georgetown does not have a beach, but the view from the pool deck and bar is great, and Minns, which rents boats is directly across the street.

Farther out, past the airport, but before the 4 Seasons is Three Sisters. This place sits on a great beach, but boating is not possibly from this hotel.

Down in Little Exuma is Club LaShante, which also sits on a great beach, and, again, boating is not possible here.

There is always the 4 Seasons which has a nice beach when the weather settles in the spring through summer. In the winter, the wind tends to blow directly onshore there. It's to exposed for any boating up there.

Regardless of were you stay think about a combination of renting a boat, whether you keep it at your hotel or the marina, and a car. There are lots of beaches both on Great Exuma and around Elizabeth Harbor to see.

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What beachfront on Great Exuma?

Listen to 7 mile, he knows what he's talking about. I'll put in a plug for Palm Bay. Comfortable, centrally located and within walking distance of several spectacular beaches. You can also moor a rental boat in Palm's little harbor, which will give you easy access to the beaches on Stocking Island.

Have fun on Exuma!

5. Re: What beachfront on Great Exuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 15, 2009