We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

Ada
1 post
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

Was wondering about the grocery shopping in Great Exuma.

Anyone bought any Beef and what are the prices like?

Strandhill, Ireland
Level Contributor
494 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

We shopped quite a bit in Exuma Markets in Georgetown. We thought they had quite a good selection of food. Can't comment on the beef as I don't eat it! It's not that cheap in there as all the food is shipped in, but its probably cheaper than eating out all the time.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

Market has good selection of most usual items. Beef, pork, chicken are available but I would inquire as to when the supply boat as to fresh and more choices.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

Exuma Market has a very good selection, as does Shop Rite across Lake Victoria. Prices do tend to be higher. My mother has always brought her own meat (beef, chicken, pork) in. She freezes it and checks it in a freezer bag. Never any problems. Many people do it and Customs is used to seeing this.

4. Re: Grocery Shopping in Great Exuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Great Exuma
Recent Conversations