We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How was the trip for all that just went to GE ?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How was the trip for all that just went to GE ?

I was wondering how the trip was for everyone that just went to Great Exuma for Spring Break/Easter. How was the weather? What all did you do and see?

Thanks-

We are going in May-can't wait!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How was the trip for all that just went to GE ?

Thanks for all the information- That is why we love Exuma - getting a boat and exploring and fishing all day. It is so neat to find sandbars at low tide and walk around. We were thinking of renting the Turtle Rock house in May-I just told the guy we decided not to because we do rent a boat everyday from Minns and that house was too far away-it looks great though. I do want to go one day and see that beach. We have never been to Little Exuma. So, thanks for your info-we will have to try that restaurant there. Thanks- I hope it is not too windy when we go.

PS-does any one know if the grocery stores are open a few hours on Sunday? We are getting in late on a Saturday night and was wondering about that.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How was the trip for all that just went to GE ?

We were there over Easter and the stores were closed Sunday and Monday. I think they're always closed on Sundays, Monday was a Bahamas national holiday.

We bring in meat and some dry goods -- you could probably make do until Monday, eat out for dinner. The hard part is beer and booze, although the previous renters at TR house (and the housekeepers) were kind enough to get us started with some rum! I always drop a few lbs. on out island vacations.

Definately put TOC beach on your list. It is tricky to find, but go 7 km past the bridge and look for the utility pole on the left with the blue reflectors. Time it with a meal at Santana's and a stop at MOM's and you're eatin' good!

13. Re: How was the trip for all that just went to GE ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 24, 2009