We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Hi Friends,

We just returned from Eleuthera, was staying in the Rainbow Bay area. We liked the affordability of the house rent and the area, however, next time we would like to stay closer to our favorite beaches: Ten Bay, Alabaster.

We would appreciate advice on where to stay in the Governor's Harbor area or Palmetto point.

We need 2 b / 2 bthr, price range $120-170 per night.

Any recommendations? I looked at vrbo, but they have weird sorting by area and was thinking I can rely on your experience.

Thank you!

N

Edited: 9:57 am, July 26, 2016
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

I am sorry, I meant - 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom of course, not 2 bar....

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

The 2br/2ba properties at Ten Bay include @ss in the Sand, Bahama Villa, Georgie's Gale, Mermaid Point, and Playa de Papaya. I think Savvy Cottage might also be that size, too. Let me know if you want information on any of them. These are all neighboring properties to mine.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Also, forgot to mention Walker's Cottage. That's between Bahama Villa and Georgie's Gale and is probably the most affordable on the 2br/2ba properties at Ten Bay.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Hi Bret,

Thank you. I would appreciate more info on Savvy Cottage and Walker's Cottage and any other accommodation close to Ten Bay!

Thanks again!

N

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Yes, and if you are extremely kind today and have a minute, I would like info on:" Sand, Bahama Villa, Georgie's Gale, Mermaid Point, and Playa de Papaya." I just realized that these are the names of the cottages, not geographical locations, right? :-)

Thank you!

N

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

If you have specific questions about a property I'm happy to tell you what I know, otherwise, I suggest you look up those house names on VRBO or one of the other listings sites. They are all in the Ten Bay community and are all Googleable.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

1. what is the most quiet property and the one that has preferably black-out curtains? (we are light sleepers).

2. Also, we need bedrooms close to each other (in this case our child is not scared to sleep alone))).

3. new (or newer) construction is a plus.

3. we need fully equipped kitchen.

Thanks!

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

Out of those properties I would say that Walker's, Mermaid Point, Savvy, and Playa de Papaya have the most privacy, but the others are not far behind. Those properties are not within eyeshot of any other properties. Mermaid Point sits high up on a hilltop on a 5 acre lot so probably has the most privacy.

I have no idea about black out curtains. I'm just their neighbor and I don't go in those houses to see what they do or don't have.

None of those houses are very large although some of them have a living room between bedrooms on opposite sides of the house. I would guess that Bahama Villa probably has the least amount of distance between bedrooms.

I wouldn't classify any of these homes as new. Sand is the newest and I would guess it's about ten years old now. Of the ones I mentioned, Walker's, Bahama Villa, and Mermaid were the only homes that were already built when I moved in in '99. So, Georgie's, Savvy, Sand, and Playa are all less than 25 years old.

All of them have full kitchens.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

I can speak to Walker's Cottage as it was the first place we stayed at, loved it. The house has the kitchen & living room in the middle and bedrooms (2) separated by this) both with en suite baths. If you need a bedroom next to yours for a child/children it might not be for you.

It was very quiet while we were there but don't think had black out curtains, this was not a problem for us. Not sure now if there are black out curtains now, this is something you would have to ask the owner as it is a (first to me) requirement for a rental on the island and somewhat strange but we are 2 adults. The cottage was very comfortable & we loved our stay there.

You don't mention how many kid/s or ages, that might be helpful.

10. Re: House or condo for rent 2 bar / 2 bthr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 28, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera